Blynk server without internet or wifi router

you have wlan1 as well… an old setup?

that makes sense
old setup ?
oh so this is running a local Blynk server that should control the RPi3 gpio as well so once I remove the bridge ill get back of the gpio or if you the link on that please send it

in your rc.local, you force down wlan0 and wlan1, then bring both back up again. do you have two wlan cards?

no just one wlan0, wlan1 was created for the bridge I can send you the instruction to check if there is a miss up

so thinking Im starting a fresh setup to avoid incorrect setting I might have missed

a fresh setup might be the right move. Im excited to hear about how you’re using blynk on the dune buggy when you’re all done.

thanks me to Ill send some clips and pics with project instructions

chat as soon as I have the fresh install Ill use the above link
thanks alot for the help

Hi Ivennard I have applied all steps of offical Blynk documents and still no luck
Still can connect to Blynk without an internet connection, I have tried removing the iptables like you said as well same thing
so what I done was setup the AP without a bridge and nothing extra followed by the local Blynk server
there must be something Im missing here

It might be worth you looking through this thread:

Pete.

1 Like

I cant really find a doc for what i was thinking about, its probably not the norm, but i was basically taking the AP idea from the past link, skipping the routing and natting.
Then, setup the eth0 the same way. you would have two interfaces that are statically assigned and handing out addresses. Too bad the laptop didnt have wireless. problem would be solved.

you saying setting up the server via ethernet is the cause
so i should do the AP first then remove the ethernet connect to AP then setup the local Blynk server

Blynk local server without internet access solved

Thanks alot Ivennard
much appreciated
what documentation should i use to setup the GPIO to control on the same pi

cool… if you only need gpio pins… and nothing more,
i like running just the blynk-client

Install everything (you might have all of this already)

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install nodejs
sudo apt-get install npm
sudo npm install -g onoff
sudo npm install -g blynk-library

Run the client with the auth
blynk-client 715f8cafe95f4a91bae319d0376caa8c

Hi thanks
I have not install the nodes and the library, obviously use my own token
Ill give it a go

hi Ivennard
I realize that I will need to pull data from sensors as well how is this achieved

We’ll have to write some node.js scripts to get you past the hump here.
On the down side, i have never really pulled data from sensors, analog or digital before, so we need to get you some good starter examples. Gunner has some that he posts regularly that are really good but for the life of me, i can’t find them at the moment. (been a long day).

@Gunner, Can you help us out here with your example node.js scripts you have, im having a rough day and cant find them for some reason. @Troy needs a sample to pull some sensor data. Thanks man!

1 Like

My limited NodeJS examples are here…

But I don’t actually do much about reading sensors in them.
Generally, simply Googling for NodeJS example for any given sensor, then simply sending the output to a Display Widget, is the way to go.

That said, I just added a post about reading the Temperature and Humidity form a DHT Sensor.

2 Likes

Thanks Gunner
I just need to pull data from sensor to check the vehicle vitalities
thank you for doc

hi there it has been a while
when I install the nodejs and library it seems to break the AP(disable) and can not recover the network again and by running the blynk client it takes the cloud port 443 instead of 9443

lost me a little bit.
by installing nodejs and the library…
your ap breaks?

sorry about that
so I have configured the RPi as a Access Point to control the GPIO’s via the Blynk Local Server that is installed
I can now join to RPi AP and connect to the Blynk Local Server, I can send the token to email too but as soon as I install the blynk-library it stops the network configuration that I have setup on the RPi
Capture