Using same blynk project on two different phones

I am assuming you got the emails I sent you?

Anyway, I had things working fairly well yesterday. That is to say that all of the value data widgets were displaying and updating data as expected (nothing new).

I was able to get my button widgets to control my project but it was not reliable. Sometimes worked good, sometimes not so good (no lag, very long lag).

After things running all night, I am checking out how things are going. My value data widgets are working fine. The button widgets do not work at all, again.

Yesterday, it seemed like once it started working, the more I used it, the better the response was. I am going to reset my sketch and start over.

When you have time, please advise if you received my emails.

Thanks

Brian

For those of you following this post, I was finally able to get my project working with Blynk. Thanks to the guys at Blynk for their time and support in resolving this.

Blynk is an awesome app and they are a great bunch of people to work with.

Brian

1 Like

@mpo881, @epicman57,

could you please check - the Ethernet V2.0 was added on the master branch (not released yet).
We don’t have the hardware, so could you check if it works?
Note that I was only able to compile it on Arduino 1.0.x :frowning:

Thank you!

Sorry for the late reply. I have not tested the Ethernet V2.0 library because of the fact it will only compile on the earlier versions. Some of the other libraries I use do not play nice with the older versions and I had another person working on some of my code that was using a different version as well.

It was all getting to be a mess and since I was having problems, I had to start eliminating issues. One of the first to go was using the same version.

If you still would like me to test my sketch with that library, let me know and I will load 1.0.X on a different machine with my sketch and attempt to compile it/test it.

Thanks

I noticed that the button state is now being stored in the app so that if I turn “on” a button widget and then close the app, restart the app, the same button widget still shows “on”. Great! I am using this on iPhone 5s. When I log in to my project on my iPhone 6, the button widget that is “on” on the 5s looks like it is “off” on the 6. Is the state of the button widget being stored in the phone or is it stored in the project and only shows up on the phone that was used to originally used to create the project?

In other words, it would be nice if the button state was stored on the server and then regardless of which device I am using to control my project, they would all “see” the same state of the button widgets (on or off).

Thanks

@mpo881

You’re right. Right now state is stored only locally. We are working on to make it store on server side.

Thank you for the reply. I look forward to that :smile:

I have noticed however that on the iPhone 6, the button state is not being stored. I have tried even with being logged out of any other devices. Is there something I am missing or perhaps a bug with the iPhone 6? It does work on the 5s

Thanks

Quick observation…sorry if it was mentioned above…

Set up Blynk on Android.
Logged in on iOS.
The unsupported (notifications, terminal) widgets did not show up on iOS as expected.
But once you log in on iOS…the widgets disappeared on Android.

Yeah, you will experience such issues until
we sync both platforms. Right now we are more focused on delivering widgets. But it will be synced of course, with ui states and with settings.

1 Like

Awesome…looking forward to it.
Also…Love the quick and helpful replies from you guys. Keep up the good work! :smiley:

4 posts were split to a new topic: Issues using same project on two phones with different FB accounts