TUTORIAL: From (PI) Zero to Local Blynk Server:

Was released just few minutes ago. I believe there was a typo above.

Just a warning. I has no affect.

Sorry, that previous post must have been referring to 0.28.1 as 0.28.2 has only just been released.

Ahā€¦ sorryā€¦ I have been running the 0.28.2-SNAPSHOT for a day or soā€¦ so got confused :stuck_out_tongue:

what is the easiest way for a n00b to create a backup of the local server on a Pi Zero?

can i do it while it is running? can i do it to a NAS periodically?

Short answer: copy, yes, sure!

Long anser: copy, yes, G**gle is your friend!

To do it manually, create a tar-ball and copy the file to a safe location:

thanks!

i did google it!

thatā€™s why i came back to as the experts what the easiest way to do it (compared to the hundreds of ways that people on Google say it can be doneā€¦)

iā€™ll try this tarball thingy you suggestā€¦ do i make a tarball of the entire Blynk folder?

I simply log into my server with WinSCP and copy/paste the entire Blynk folder to my Dropbox. Works with Server running.

2 Likes

Setting up automated backup from RPi to NAS is probably not that complicated, but I donā€™t think you can do it with Blynk :wink: [hint hint]

Thatā€™s up to you! I would, as mentioned in the other thread.

1 Like

OK, will just copy/paste to my NAS - thanks!

i am using VNCviewer - is WinSCP better?

More differentā€¦ it is not a remote control program, more a GUI/folder based SSH program.

I havenā€™t figured out how to do the sudo equivalent with the folder/file manipulation, and run into some root permission issues, so I make sure I ā€œownā€ the Blynk folder and alternate between WinSCP when I want to see the ā€œbig pictureā€ and putty when I want control.

1 Like

You have to enable the root user on the Pi (disabled by default) and then access WinSCP with the root user.

I was doing some Pi stuff yesterday and I have a nasty habit of forgetting the passwords I have set. You can hack the SD card to give you access to the system when you forget the password but WinSCP users can also use GitHub - anoopengineer/winscppasswd: WinSCP Password Extractor/Decrypter/Revealer written in go language

1 Like

You donā€™t have encrypted partitions? Or are the Piā€™s too slow for that? [Donā€™t have one myself so more of a general question about performance]

Wow! Thatā€™s bad! I had to install it myself to check :smiley: Perhaps they should emphasis the importance of setting a master password during setup. But that wouldnā€™t help you with your amnesia :wink:

Back to @Dave1829 and his backup. I would look for some rsync based solution like http://rsnapshot.org/
Check what suits your NAS!

@distans Pi SD cardā€™s have 2 partitions. The plain boot partition is where the hack goes when you forget the password.

Hello,

i followed all steps but unfortunately im not able to connect via noip adress.
Im still getting: Something went wrong, check port 9443.

Server is running corectly on my Raspberry Pi3.
Static IP is assigned and it works fine in local network.

Routing done:

server properties doneā€¦ i have no clue why it is not running.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jan

@Mesiee check all recent Announcements regarding port changes.

I already did it:

You are using an outdated server.

@Mesiee Latest server releases here.

Hi,

Thanks for help.Now im running latest server.

Still not able to connect via noip and when i connect directly it is ok, but since last update all devices are now offline :-/
I found issue with disconnected devices. At previous versions port was missing.
NoIP problem persist.