TUTORIAL: From (PI) Zero to Local Blynk Server:

I have one additional question:
I placed the files to a folder named Blynk
/home/pi/Blynk
If I change the directory to:
cd Blynk
I can start the server and it is running with the error message as posted above.
But
if I added the line to crontab:
@reboot java -jar /home/pi/server-0.26.2.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk &
The server does not start
What have I to correct ?

Is Blynk server working? Or it is stops after warning?

the server runs
and I can connect with the App

Ok. Thanks. I’ll check when have time.

1 Like

VM warning: You have loaded library /tmp/libnetty-transport-native-epoll6180147343470801760.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It’s highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c ', or link it with ‘-z noexecstack’.

Blynk Server 0.26.2 successfully started.
All server output is stored in folder ‘/home/pi/Blynk/logs’ file.

So it runs but I do not know if I can ignore the warning.
And my second question is what I should fix for autostart

I also get the “VM Warning” error when starting server 0.26.2 on my Pi 2 (latest updates installed and Java v1.8.0_40).

This is not the critical issue. For now you may just ignore it. This will be fixed in next versions.

1 Like

Can also report this.
Regards

@Brummer @ThatGuy_ZA @Cejfi issue was in third party library and already is fixed. Waiting for new release of this library and will apply the fix to Blynk server. (2-3 weeks usually).

2 Likes

Thanks @Dmitriy.

1 Like

Thank you for the fix and the note.
So I will wait for the update.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi @Dmitriy

It looks like this was meant to be fixed in 0.27.2 but I am still getting the error.

Hello. Are you sure you are running 0.27.2? Please make sure you removed old server jar file.

Yep, definitely 0.27.2.

Ok. Thanks. Will look further.

Thanks @Dmitriy.

Shout if I can assist :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Dmitriy, I don’t think this was looked at but I’m still getting the error with 0.28.2 (Java 8 build) on my Pi.

I just updates to 0.28.2 and this issue seems to have been resolved.

Thanks to all involved :slight_smile:

1 Like

So to clarify… you had the error with 0.28.2 but “updated” to the same build and the error cleared?

Just curious as I am seeing the same error… but have not yet determined if it is even an issue to worry about.