Time Input Widget adds 1 hour to selected time on widget

Dear Blynk Team,
This error popped up today morning. I use Blynk Pro subscription and use ‘Advanced Time Input’ to control Oil diffusion timings for an oil diffuser since last 5 months.
I searched forum for similar topics but found none.
Details:
• ESP32 Wroom32 Hardware model + WiFi.
• ESP32 Core: 2.0.8
• Android version 12SP1A.201812.016
• Using Blynk server
• Blynk Library version 1.2.0 using Arduino IDE
• Sketch Code: Not required for this issue.
• Issue Description:
When selecting input time in the advanced time input widget, on confirming done, the time selection is 1 hour more than what we select.
Eg. If I select 8:00 in time scroll and select done, 9:00 is the value reflected.
Please help.

Hello. Looks like a bug. I will check

1 Like

Sounds very similar to this…

Pete.

1 Like

Thanks, Pete for pointing this out. We can merge the issue as both describe the same problem. Just that, in India, we do not have daylight savings. What keeps me thinking, I encountered this issue only today. I have been using the same device since long.
Do we consider it a bug and wait till we have a solution, or is there a workaround? Let me know.
Thanks in advance.

It could be something you are doing in your code.

Pete.

No Pete,
I am talking about selecting time in the scroll wheel of Hours:Min: Sec.
To replicate the issue:

1. Add an advanced timer widget in the Blynk project
  2. Select START AT value from the Set Time scroll option(Eg. select 9 am). Press done
  3. On pressing done, you will find that the START AT value will contain the value 10 am.
    FYI,
    I am using it in GMT+5:30 Asia/Kolkata time zone.
    also using 24Hr format with HH: mm format.
    The input to code starts once we press OK on Time Input Widget.
    Or, am I missing something here. I have sent process pics in above post for reference.

I’m fully aware of that, but if you read through the posts in the link I provided you’ll see why I said this.

Pete.

Hi Pete. I had a look at the link you provided. I believe I am facing the same problem as Yodrack. However, as suggested by Blynk_Coeur, I used setSyncInterval(60 * 10); in the code, and tried without it as well. The result is the same. Probably I am missing to understand something from the post you shared. Can you please throw some hints on the same… It will be really helpful.
I still wonder how changes in code will change the way of taking inputs from users on the app. @Oleksii-QA , were you able to confirm if it is an app bug? I believe it as my device is running on the same code(which worked before) and there are no DST changes.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You don’t seem to like my suggestion of sharing your code, and my psychic powers aren’t working that well today, so probably not.

Pete.

@kaushalbhuva. Still investigating the problem

@PeteKnight It is app issue. In this case, this bug is not related with DST changes

@kaushalbhuva This will be fixed in the next version of the app.

1 Like

Thanks @Oleksii-QA and @PeteKnight for your support. I really love Blynking and would like to grow with the community.

1 Like

I’m also a heavy user of the Time Input widget but have not observed the behavior @kaushalbhuva describes. So I am very interested in how this gets resolved. I am in the US on Eastern time, have used the Time Input widget successfully for years now, both for reading/inputting times and for displaying times.

Will watch this thread with interest. Thanks, all.