The user can't see any devices on the Plus subscription

1 Like

Hi
But does a transfer mess that I as and admin then loose the device in.my view and in the app. I sounds like it, so hesitant to do so. Can you clarify and confirm that then myself and the other user both have access?
Thanks

I am currently using PLUS like this for almost 2 years. Admin has access to all and user to owned devices.

Another issue is that i can only transfer to one other user. It used to be so that multiple users had acces, e.g. myself as admin an then 2 other users as user. How do I do this without transferring???
Joop

what is the mentioned “unified standard” for permissions in PLUS subscription ?
I would be happy if it would be like it was: All user are able to see device of an org

Blynk admin; What is the status of this issue. Please provide an update.

1 Like

Can i do anything ?

Hi … Any update? An urgent fix is needed !!!

As indicated, this does not work as we expect as in the past to have multiple users see the device. When is this unacceptable bug Fixed?

It appears the admin still has control and the invited user that you transfer ownership to can see it again. The problem now is that it appears you can only share/transfer a device with one other account.
This really makes the subscription service unsuitable for the application I have been using it for.
Unfortunate as I really liked how this application was developing.

The response time and resolution are very disappointing. We didn’t receive any feedback from the support team. It’s really unfortunate.

1 Like

I am still waiting for information about Blynk’s final processing results. I am not happy with the way the Blynk development team works. If you have discussed and agreed on any edits or changes, it would be better to announce the start time of the new updates and then implement the changes. Alternatively, if you are unsure about a particular decision and would like to hear more user opinions, you can create a survey to gather feedback. However, currently, you are making edits and changes in silence without providing any information, which makes it difficult for users to prepare and adjust their projects to accommodate the new changes (I apologize if I missed any notification about these changes). I really like the Blynk application and would be happier if you could work in a more transparent and scientific manner.
I apologize if my English is not good.

Hi all, thank you for you patience with this one. The team is still working on fixing the bug and we anticipate the work to be completed by Monday. Under Plus plan, all invited users will be able to see ALL devices within their organization. This is how it was designed from the launch, but it was not working properly in all cases - which is being fixed now. In the future, we aim to release an additional feature to allow sharing a device with only one individual (through a different sharing mechanism). There is currently no set timeline for this development. Please do continue to share your use cases and needs here, so we can take them into consideration when designing the future capabilities for user management on Blynk platform.

4 Likes

Here we go again @PeteKnight .
All my devices exposed to all users again!!
I hope @iryna_l is confused and I will not have to shutdown all my projects on Monday again. :rage: :rage: :heart: :heart:

I’ve made my views about this Blynk craziness very clear in the past, but they seem to be going from bad to worse.
They clearly didn’t like my proposal for using the three existing roles in a sensible way, both with the free and Plus subscriptions, so I’ve given-up on this particular issue.

Fortunately for me, I get a free Pro subscription, so I have the ability to define my permissions in the way that I want, and as I use Node-Red it’s also easy to mirror my data over to a bree Blynk account where I can allow users to access and control selected parts of the data without causing any damage elsewhere.

I do feel sorry for you guys who are looking for a simple “maker” system and are paying a monthly subscription that doesn’t meet your needs.

Pete.

1 Like

All devices still not showing up for my other users yet.

Not fixed. Will wait for monday fix. Worries me that then blynk admin Iryna says they will change it so only one user and the admin can see the device. That would be going back again - but then again, they have no plans to do this (as of yet). Why mention it?
Joop

Update: This has not been fixed as of now. There has been new data coming in related to this issue and we need some more time to analyze and act on it. If you are having critical issues with your project because of the recent changes in permissions on Plus plan, please send me a direct message and we will do our best to help resolve your situation ASAP.

our factory using this blynk plus to monitor the all speed line
kindly need your support

Plus plan is intended for personal use only. In your case, you would need to use PRO plan which has editable permissions.