The old version of Blynk will be retired at some point, you should start planning your migration to the new version

Hi,

If you talk about New Blynk, you don’t need the Blynktimer and it does not work.
timer.setInterval is Ok without Blynktimer .

Alexis

1 Like

Ufff !!! If thats the case we are done !! :sweat_smile:
What can we even make, ? out of those widgets !? It is as good as nothing. Going for pro subscription is not an option for makers or hobbyists …

1 Like

@Madhukesh nice memes, thanks! Memes =
emotions and attitude :wink: Love it

Btw when I said haters I didn’t think about this community. You can just check some hater’s reviews on Blynk apps to see whom I was talking about. Sorry you got this personally.

Re: more widgets. With old Blynk people only got 2000 Energy points which is much less than the list of widgets we offer for free today. And this list may change as well. Overall, it gives a pretty good understanding of what Blynk does and then people can make their decision, whether it’s worth upgrading to Plus plan.

It seems pretty fair:
You need more powerful device, you get Arduino Mega for $$$, you need more ESP32s, you pay $ for each of them. Software is no different from hardware apart from the fact that there are always recurring costs involved (updates, servers, apps keep up, etc). So subscription makes ton of sense. This will fuel up Blynk with resources we need to build a better product.

Everything is very simple and straightforward.

Btw, you don’t need a PRO plan, Plus unlocks all the widgets + 10 devices.

@Pavel
Just stand in a makers POV and think… just to play with it and raise issues on the github n forums, is it really a feasible option to go for a recurring cost ?

Even Blynk is able to improve, remove bugs etc etc only because of us(makers). You may get feedbacks from your commercial parties too !! But when compared to us we are in large numbers, each trying Blynk in all the possible angles and giving you the feedback on what needs to be changed/resolved.

So at least for this point Blynk must value its forum members and provide few extra widgets ! Else no one will be interested to buy subscription just to play and give feedbacks for getting anything in return.

With the widgets on offer in the free plan its as good as nothing. If its of no use to us, how can we build things !? And raise issues if any ? ( couple of buttons and sliders i mean really !!?)

Please think of adding more widgets… You should really give a thought on this !!!

For a common man or makers this aint an option. Because we are not making money here to go for subs.

To be honest the hardware is in constant pace of development, and its way too hard than to maintain and develop then a software as you mentioned. It required more RnD… huge space to setup up a manufacturing factory.
If they were to think like Blynk’s strategy to make money by adding subs on each device !! Just imagine !! We were never to have this discussion here today. No one ever would use UNO NANO MEGA ESP8266 ESP32 etc etc etc etc……

You have plenty of big players in commercial sector to make hell lot of profits.

We are not asking for much, just a few more widgets.

Or

LEAVE THE OLD BLYNK 1.0 to us as it is !!! This would solve all the problems everyone are facing.

3 Likes

Hi all
I search for the Menu widget in the new version, it is a useful list selection. Does it still exist in the new version ? Thanks

Nope !!

Very dissapointed … How can i replace it ?

Actually its available. But you need to buy a subscription plan for it. It does not come under free plan.

@Pavel avel Please do 1 thing
@Madhukesh
1000 additional energy in old blynk = 1 device in 2z0
it is ok if old blynk energy becomes zero.

You have no choice, because when blynk cloud will be down (6 months), your energy becomes zero too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can you pm me as well? Thx

I was just thinking… we all will some how migrate to Blynk 2.0(assuming)… next year Blynk 3.0 comes… and in the next 6 months 2.0 cloud will be down…

And we all must again have this discussion :joy:

Did i just give a new strategy to them :thinking::thinking::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think Microsoft have beaten you to that one…
Windows 95, ‘98, 98 SE, ME ( :joy:), XP, Vista ( :crazy_face:), 7, 8, 8.1, 10….

But, considering that it took over 2 years from Blynk announcing that Beta testing was about to begin, to the time that beta testing actually began, I don’t think there’s any risk of Blynk 3.0 appearing anytime soon :rofl:

Pete.

4 Likes

Windows 11 launch is set for Microsoft’s June 24 event :rofl:

1 Like

But, what about the option of setting up your own server and having unlimited energy for free?
Apart from the free energy, I also liked the private server idea for other reasons, privacy and not having to depend on internet connection, among others…

Yes. This is something we think all the time. So if we have enough resources this will be done at some stage. If new platform monetization will go well, private server will appear for sure.

2 Likes

If I create a local blynk server when the old app is no longer supported (by downloading .APK file), will that mean I can only access the blynk app in my local area network, or is there still a way to access it outside the local area network, when I’m away from home?

Same as now… Set up port forwarding in your router. And possibly use a DNS redirection service if your WAN IP tends to change.

1 Like

thank you! follow up question; when it eventually becomes discontinued will you still be able to generate new authentication tokens for new projects, if you’re using the local blynk server?