[RIGHT]right[/RIGHT]
Low Priority:
   [I]italic[/I]
   [U]underline[/U]

in conjunction with,

Terminal Widget (Priority)
Value Display
Labeled Value

Obviously, the specific tag format isn’t important.

I will submit a corresponding Blynk Roadmap Idea and ask that it be linked to this Community Topic.

Joe

1 Like

I know the developers can do some clever stuff, but adding-in the ability to specify which named font should be used adds another level of complexity altogether.
Getting these fonts to display consistently, across the various makes/models and operating systems, would no doubt be a bit of a nightmare.

Pete.

1 Like

Agreed. I’ll take whatever I can get. With most text widgets, you can already specify font size, color and alignment (left / center / right) on the app side (albeit to an extent with a limited selection of sizes and colors). Let’s start with equivalent functionality on the hardware side, only on a per-character / per-line basis. I think bold would be reasonable.

1 Like

Hey, one of my ideas made it to the Blynk Roadmap,

https://portal.productboard.com/blynk/c/50-text-formatting-tags

and the Roadmap Idea is linked to this topic. Pretty neat!

Now I’m curious … how much overlap is there between my idea and this Roadmap idea that is currently “Planned”,

https://portal.productboard.com/blynk/c/17-text-widget-with-various-options-for-font-scaling

To what extent will this new Text Widget allow you to “work text”? Will the new Text Widget have multi-line support? That’s my other idea I’m still hoping will find its way to the Blynk Roadmap,

First, I’m looking for a multi-line Text widget (similar to the Terminal widget). I’m looking for the multi-line Text widget to support this idea (Text Formatting Tags). Then, I’d like to be able to leverage the formatted, multi-line Text widget in the form of a Device Tiles Action Type.

I’ll keep dreamin’.