Teensy 4.0

I know that teensy is speedy, but Esp32 is speedy too and is enough to handle all you want. (Dual Core, 180 MHz)
It as Bluetooth too.
The cost is only 4$ and works very well with blynk plateform.

Didn’t know it contains bluetooth, that’s cool.
But the speed of the Teensy does me a favor in my project without doubt.

I don’t know what project need so much performance!

…and so EXPENSIVE hardware…

1 Like

Oh well, thanks for the help…

Sorry but we can’t help.
I think there will never be any blynk update for this hardware.

To be honest, additional processor speed won’t be much help as far as the Blynk side of things are concerned. It will help with number-crunching, but I’ve come cross very few situations that can’t be fixed by more efficient coding.
If you’re doing something like processing video images or streaming audio files then yes, you can’t beat raw processing power.

I’d be interested to know why you think the extra speed is needed.

Pete.

1 Like

CanBus Gateway , that’s where I need the speed to avoid dropping frames as I need to alter and interact not just filter.
I’m not a professional programmer.

The ESP32’s peripherals contains a CAN Controller that supports Standard Frame Format (11-bit ID) and Extended Frame Format (29-bit ID) of the CAN2.0B specification.

2 Likes

And because it’s dual core you can run the Blynk connection on one core and the CANbus on the other, so you should be able to avoid Blynk disconnects and dropped CAN frames.

Pete.

3 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

That’s a great feature!
Speed and bluetooth wasn’t essential in the beginning, started of my project on a Arduino Due, transferred to Teensy 4.0 to improve stability. Due was to slow without doubt for my set up.

1 Like

Mike is back ? :wink:

He’s been lurking :grinning:

Pete.

1 Like

Only some so be careful if ordering…

Yes, the business trip to UK/Lingfield and then the short vacations both are ended…

1 Like

HI,
I just ordered and received a Teensy 4.0 because of the amazing speed, thanks to your OP.

I just began the work 15 mins, and already made it connected OK to Blynk (just via Serial/USB) to local as well as Cloud Blynk SSL/TCP).

I believe there will be no issue to make it working with Blynk. Will post update library, if necessary later.

Thanks for your confirmation on this khoih .

Made some good progress on Teensy 4.0. It now can connect to Blynk via ESP8266 using AT command.
This is the debug terminal output, so far so good

Will post more info with library changes later.

Update Jan 29th 2020

Just posted Blynk_Teensy library mod on GitHub

Update Feb 17th 2020

Three more libraries to support Teensy, especially Teensy 4.0

1 Like