[SOLVED] Is Blynk server offline? What about firefighter guy?

@impressiver I am definitely interested in moving over to an online server - running a local server is not an option with my poor internet connection. Is it possible for you to put together a basic writeup on which AWS service to use and what to look out for, and briefly how to set it up? Although I have set up home servers before (Linux based), I have no knowledge of AWS.
Thanks

Sure, not a problem. Iā€™ll take a good look at the server source and get it running locally to get an idea of what all is required. Iā€™ll draft up a few checklist items and we can chat to come up with a game plan.

Should be quick work to get the equivalent of your current setup running in AWS. After which we can work through HA, failover and clustering. Amazon also offers a Docker service, not to mention possible integration with AWS IoT :slight_smile:

So, my arduino app still does not connect to Blynk. My android app logs in however. Also reset my router. Is there some sort of change that needs to be done within the arduino library?

Test this way:

Type this URL into a browser http://blynk-cloud.com:8080/yourAuthKey/pin/V1 and replace yourAuthKey with your, well, auth key, and V1 with a know virtual pin on your project (assumes youā€™re using one). See if you can get any kind of data that indicated that your board is up. (My project has a virtual pin that kicks out the time when my HVAC turns on or offā€¦ and itā€™s updating fine.)

Soā€¦Iā€™m on the same wifi as my devices right now and the Android app wonā€™t work. It tells me Authentication failed. Please check your login and pass. If I tap Problems signing in? and Reset Password I get a Error sending reset email. Iā€™ve uninstalled Blynk, reboot Android device, reinstalled Blynk, tried again but no luck.

i had to change my DNS in my router to 8.8.8.8 to get my Blynks all working againā€¦

(I dunno what this technically means, or what impact it has on anything else??? but it helped!)

Thx for the tips. Good info thereā€¦ Let me clarify - I know my sketch is not working as I am still developing and it will no longer connect and show in my serial window. I have stable code which has been working for weeks, so I am sure it has something to do with the outage. My question was - is there something I have to change in the Blynk library?

I did as wellā€¦ just rebooting my router had actually worked for me earlier. Starting to wonder if Android has some kind of DNS cache. Hmmm.

Nevermindā€¦ API opens on Android browser just fine. Not sure what else to do.

so it is only connected to your IDE right? via USB?

you should still see it in serial monitor!

i had that a few hours ago, thought everything was still down, so made a coffee, came back to the app and tried again and it logged me in.

so you actually cant log in to the app? hmmmā€¦

Alas I cannot! It says Reconnecting to the server... for a moment then gives me the Authentication failed. At this point I could have locked myself out and unfortunately Reset Password is giving me an error as well! Argafwhvawfhj!

can you create a new account at all?

maybe do that, log in to it, then log out and try to use you old account again?

Could create a new account no problem and get in. I signed out of the new account and tried the old with no luck. Neither the old or new account email addresses would allow me to recover password. I wonder if itā€™s an app bug? Must I have the only android app that wonā€™t recover a password?!

But I can sign out of, and back into, the new account. Bahā€¦ if that only helped me in some way!

So everything is working again for me, and i just found all the updates!
Labels, tabs, menus, adding emojis to buttons. Huge morning boner here

Thank you Blynk <3

Native support for the wemos boards. OMG OMG OMG

So I am getting really bummed here. I still have no access to the blynk cloud server. This is really frustrating after having paid for the app. It has nothing to do with my connection as I am using particle photon devices which are connected and sending info which I can view online. Opening the app however simply gives me a message to say the hardware is not connected?
Hopefully this gets sorted out soon.
Viewing http://www.isup.me/blynk-cloud.com still tells me ā€œItā€™s not just you! http://blynk-cloud.com looks down from here.ā€

DNS replication can take up to 48 hours, depending on how the DNS servers are setup. In Internet circumstances most DNS servers are set to update once every 24h or 12h. Otherwise the internet will get clogged with DNS updates. This system is really wonky, but it is what it is. Using different DNS servers might help.

Same Here IN UAE !
_i am able to : _
_* ping to the server , _
* Connect my project to the Cloud ,
BUT UNABLE TO LOGIN TO THE APP !

Could you please show us output?

is this what you asked for ?