[SOLVED] Is Blynk server offline? What about firefighter guy?

Welcome to the party. Don’t be surprised if you wake up one day in the future realizing you have way too many miniature electronical contraptions scattered around your vicinity. That’s normal.

Ha ha just seen this! Luckily as a serving soldier we always have a back up sadly it was this
http://www.fire-engine-photos.com/picture/number18278

at last count i have six ESP8266’s running in/around the house… only one Arduino Mega though… time to add a Raspberry Pi… (but a Pi is like 3000% more expensive than my ESP’s though!)

It is very strange that there is no spare Blynk server.
It is not serious approach.

1 Like

Yes, I was driving my car over 4G through my blynk app and a tablet connected to skype.
Now my car has been stranded in the middle of the motorway for hours.

I need to be able to trust this will not happen again, or I might have to conclude that blynk is not a suitable platform for remote controlling real cars!

4 Likes

Provider tells us that the migration should be done in the next two hours. Thanks for your patience.

2 Likes

The Pi Zero is about 4 £… Have a look. It should be powerful enough for the local server.

1 Like

Well this is certainly not a good development. Why would the host provider be allowed to take down the entire Blynk server? There is no back up while maintenance is performed? For projects that are used to operate alarms systems or smart homes, this is unacceptable to have the entire service down for upwards of 5 hours.

If you want 99.999 reliability, maybe don’t use a free, internet based service?

No premium member feature:

Back up server?

Guys, we understand your frustration and you can’t imagine what’s happening in our office now :slight_smile: We are really working on that. Yes, shit happens, we admit that and will mitigate those risks in future. By the way, there were no downs since May 2015. And even today it’s not completely a Blynk fault.

We are starting a a few backup servers now. It should be working in 30 mins or less.

There is a possibility that some features won’t be working. History Graphs for example. It will be fixed later.

2 Likes

I agree with Pavel here, there are no life endangering processes at risk, just a little frustration on our part. That shouldn’t be too hard to overcome. Even where I work (hospital) the systems aren’t that needed. With cloud solutions there is always a certain risk involved, unless you go for a tier 4 or 5 data center, which, if the guys at Blynk did, would charge you guys waaaaaay more because that sort of service is just too expensive.

The means compared to the goal I think they are doing an admirable job of keeping everything up and running and in the meantime also listen to all our requests and bug reports and improve the software very fast.

@Pavel / @Dmitriy maybe some NetScalers for future use … ? :wink:

2 Likes

im laughing at myself, i kept saying: “set up a local server, you never know what could happen” … “you really should try to set up a local server.” … “setting up a local server would be good if the Blynk went down.

you guys must be mega-annoyed with your SP… :disappointed:

Guys, issue should be fixed now. For now without reporting data. It will be restored in day-two. You may need to restart your hardware.

Yes it works with login, but no history on data… will that be restored?

@franksemi yes. Please give us some time.

My app is still not working, but glad to hear you are on it :wink:
I would like to confirm that indeed, blynk has been an extraordinary stable service.
So big love towards the Blynk team, even though today was a set back for fire fighter guy.

2 Likes

Maybe DNS records not yet updated.

Thank you for your support. Indeed we designed everything and prepared code to make Blynk fault tolerant. But for last few months we were focused on searching money instead of making Blynk perfect and implementing those things.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll be checking frequently, because I am using for my semester project, and I need it a lot

That’s what I’m finding to be the case… app displays but all data is frozen. Might be easier for me to flip the house breaker than find all the hardware! :slight_smile:

:exclamation: UPDATE! Woo hoo… I was able to remotely reset my routers and that brought all my hardware back online. :sweat:

1 Like