Problem PZEM-004T Version 3.0

I’ve fixed your code formatting by adding triple backticks.
Please add them yourself in future.

Pete.

I thought the PZEM used a current transformer as the sensor, so surely the “high side” voltages are very low, with 1:1000 current factor?

Pete.

@PeteKnight, current sensing circuit is obviously absolutely safe for that reason. But what about transformerless power supply? What about Voltage sensing circuit with a single 1M resistor with 300V peak voltage limit? The “ground” plane is so near the “low side” of optocouplers and the ground plane is directly tied to live terminal! Who designed this? For 110V it might be safe enough, but for 230V (and sometimes it reaches ~250V) I don’t want to risk.
@key, I posted a picture of the one (cheaper) I’m using. This one was really cheap but came without manual. I needed to find it by myself. The other was more expensive but is also slightly better. But the “blue” has everything one should need and much more than PZEM offers.
Problem PZEM-004T Version 3.0

1 Like

Hello @marvin7,
do you have the corresponding links? If you do have , please sent to us. Thanks

This is the one I bought WITHOUT manual. It was a bit cheaper then, moreover I received a significant “discount” because of no manual
Just keep in mind that as a base they have max current of 5A and will probably need a CT. But you can choose whatever you like (I bought few, with different ranges : 50A, 60A and 100A)

104,91 zł 43%OFF | Multifunction 3-Phase Electric Current Voltage Frequency Power Energy Meter V A Hz kWh RS485 Tool
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cUE6p8I8

1 Like

У меня PZEM работает c TASMOTA с такими настройками

А для С++ код от “Любомир_холик” (см.выше) ОТЛИЧНО работает ! Можно сразу без MQTT передать данные на Blynk

2 Likes

I thank everyone for the great success of the project, everything works well for me too.:heart_eyes:

At this stage do not change any Parameters, only set GENERIC18, then do SAVE. wait a few seconds is back in the main menu, then enter again in configuration mode and you will see that you can configure everything as described by @Ze_Pico

I wanted to ask now for information on how to view this screen of measured values, using my smartphone connected to an external network. Out of the network where the electricity meter is connected. Many thanks for technical support.

@Diego_La_Mattina

• 1.On your router do port forwarding port 80 to your ip address 192.168.43.74

• There is a website called portforward.com that you can visit for instructions on how to setup port forwarding rules in a specific router brand.

• Next if your external ip is fixed, go to it by writing your external IP in your browser you will get your PZEM.

• if not you can use No-IP to keep tracking of you external IP.
    it is free up to 3 hostnames.

1 Like

My problem that I use a 4G LTE router to connect to the internet, the service provider company assigns me a private IP address, which then the router changes me to 192.168.43.xx, from abroad it is impossible to access it through that address you need to use an external host that exceeds the private network. But I wouldn’t know how to do it, by chance you could help me @Ze_Pico .

As you can see from the image that is my IP given by the internet provider, that IP address then changes automatically every three days.
Thank you very much for your attention.

This is how the majority of ISPs, and all routers work.
The solution is simple. Use a Dynamic DNS service that gives you a URL which remains the same, but which will redirect traffic to the current public IP address assigned by your ISP.
For this system to work, you need to run a small update client on a device within your private network, which updates DDNS service so that it knows what your current public IP address is.

I’d recommend the free DDNS service from NoIP.com
Many routers have a DDNS update client built-in that can update the NoIP service.

If you prefer, you could use an ESP8266/NodeMCU running this updater code:

Pete.

3 Likes

even in 4G router there is port forwarding

1 Like

Interesting this site Noip.com, but I have never done such a thing, if there will be a guide everything will be much simpler. I assume that I should make a hostname, then insert it in the Tasmota configuration?

Already tried but do not open the ports are locked in the private network, when I had to build the local Blynk server. I circumvented the problem with a VPS with Blynk server installed above. Here for Tasmota I would not know how to do it sincerely.

you didn’t read my post to the end

you must have port forwarding . you can ask your ISP how to do it.

Yes, I have read, I understand that there are three free hostnames, but I don’t know how to do it for the configuration.

DDNS and port forwarding are two very different things, but you MUST have both.

Pete.

Ok ok I’ll try to own both.

Hi Lubomir,

I have uploaded your sketch to my LoLin NodeMCU v3 and make the connection as follow: NodeMCU D5 connect to Rx on PZEM and NodeMCU D6 connect to Tx on PZEM. When running the Serial Monitor, it display all the garbage . Would you please let me know what did I do wrong?