New Android Release 2.13.0

I’m on 2.13.1 and nothing happens when I release the button.

Hi @BlynkAndroidDev

i have a problem with the tab widget and i read carefully the reply on this post and tried all of it
but still can’t move the tab widget on the top of the dashboard.

• Running android 7.1.1 on Oneplus 3 OOS 4.1.3
  • Running Blynk App version 2.13.1 connected to Blynk Cloud.
  • here is the full Json file for my dashboard , with Token and IP removed which extracted using the Restful API so you can reproduce the same.
  • i have cleared the top space on the three tabs so i can move it as suggested.

Thanks,

We have reproduced the similar behavior. In a few days, we’ll release next bugfix build. Also, I’m preparing a logging build for @Aren_Hoxha issue - you could try to check the fix in it - I will update this thread with the link a little bit later.

even after remove all the widget except the tab widget i can’t even move it
below is my current dashboard with only one widget

{
  "id": 3,
  "parentId": -1,
  "isPreview": false,
  "name": "test board ",
  "createdAt": 1459364572575,
  "updatedAt": 1492263479949,
  "widgets": [
    {
      "type": "TABS",
      "id": 14,
      "x": 0,
      "y": 8,
      "color": 0,
      "width": 8,
      "height": 1,
      "tabId": -1,
      "isEnabled": true,
      "tabs": [
        {
          "label": "buttons"
        },
        {
          "label": "monitor "
        },
        {
          "label": "LED"
        }
      ],
      "bubbleOn": false,
      "textColor": 0
    }
  ],
  "devices": [
    {
      "id": 0,
      "name": "ESP8266",
      "boardType": "ESP8266",
      "token": "TOKENXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
      "connectionType": "WI_FI",
      "disconnectTime": 1489567849793,
      "lastLoggedIP": "IP Address"
    }
  ],
  "theme": "Blynk",
  "keepScreenOn": false,
  "isAppConnectedOn": false,
  "isShared": false,
  "isActive": true,
  "hardwareInfo": {
    "version": "0.4.6",
    "boardType": "ESP-12",
    "buildDate": "Mar 10 2017 14:59:05",
    "heartbeatInterval": 10
  }
}

@scropion86 @Aren_Hoxha guys, please check this build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ft8go0ie43f3rf3/blynk_2.13.1_log.apk?dl=0

To send log from it - go to project’s list, select about option from actionbar and from the about screen - ‘send logs’ options - and share via gmail.

unfortunately i just removed the entire widgets includes the tab to reconstruct it with tab widget on the dashboard top.
i think this will not help if i install it.

can you provide a beta application in the play store before official release so you can get better debug logs from users??

@scropion86 you could create a test project with tabs not on the top in this logging build - just place some widgets on top before adding tabs.

on beta - we are thinking about it, but usually we are using logging for crash/bugs debugging.

so what version numbers do we look for?

i have 2.13.1 in the app, and 23.5 as the local server

the tabs still seem buggy (e.g. tabs highlight doesn’t follow tab selection, switching between projects and tab auto-switches to tab 1.)

do i need the 24.0 server snapshot?

you could check the build from the link from my previous post, it contains fixes to selections issue in tabs, as well as for several other issues. and we plan to release it soon.

so local server 23.5 is OK to keep using?

Yep, bugs with tabs are mostly UI issues arising from back compatibility with old tabs UI.

1 Like

i cant move tabs to top.

Do you have a clear space all across the top, and on all the pages of your project?

yes

sounds similar to @scropion86 situation - I’m just reporting for the Dev’s to know…

I see now… all the tab glitching that you previously mentioned happens if the tab is NOT at the top.

And when adding it, it insists on auto placing at the top, or next available spot if the top is blocked.

Once placed (top or otherwise) there is no way to move it short of deleting it.

Ah, the fun of app development :wink:

i cant move tabs to top.
Is it happening on the latest build by the link above? Are tabs not reacting to the drag or they are dragging, but returning to their position?

With that build we have no such issues.

On the Tabs on top - it is now it’s default position, and they would be immovable from the top, due to the vertical scroll support in the dashboard.

tabs at the bottom do not react to moving. locked at bottom.

EDIT: did nothing, issue resolved.

1 Like

I guess, it was resolved by new 2.13.2 update?

I can’t help seeing this picture in front of me @BlynkAndroidDev

1 Like

Mm? If you will describe the issues you are facing, we could fix them.

UI updates on Android are usually painful in more or less way, as it is almost impossible to test them on all resolutions and os versions.