How to setup my Blynk local server so that I can use it from out side my local network

Hello,

Have you tried the tracert command as I mentioned here?

1. Open start menu
  2. Search for “cmd”
  3. Open application “Command prompt”
  4. In the black window wich shold appear, write:
    tracert 1.1.1.1

You can too copy and paste the output you get here, but you can omit lines where only stars show up. These are useless for this purpose.

i am confuse should i check for same address using trace rt command ,u mentioned or i have to changed according to my config
if yes then which address are u talking about

You can use this command as it is, just copy and paste. Only the result will differ according to your configuration of network, and this is what I want to see.

its too time consuming for me
can u tell me whole procedure in once i will follow that bcoz i have too less time to complete my work

In once? okay, but if you encounter problems then do not think I will help you any time, because I too do not have free time anytime I feel like it…

The quick version is:
You first need to make sure everything is working locally,
Then you need to expose the proper port(s) to the internet using port forwarding or similiar function on your router.
After you configure port forwarding sucessfully, you should be able to access forwarded ports from the Internet.

Notice for everyone:
All the other cases, detials, requirements and instructions are covered by me or the others in this very thread. So please try to read the whole thread carefully, before asking me the same questions repeatedly! It wastes mine time as well as yours!

does your mother know you are such a rude person??

who are you man? Dont interfare with us please
please be helpful to my query only
i have tried all the stuffs but i dont know why its not working
i dont want to say like that "my time more valuable than others " but i actually have less time to do all this configuration that why i told them tell me in once ok!!!

i am really sry but actually i have to submit it as soon as possible in my institute thats why i said
i am ready to follow one by one step if you dont mind!!!

1 Like

i read ur previous messages on this thread regarding to this but i dont understand what are u saying exactly .Can you explain me please?

So the reality of the situation is that you’ve left your assignment to the last minute, and now you want someone to help you sort it out?

You’ll find that most of the people contributing to this community forum are individuals who use Blynk for practical purposes because they want to, rather than students who have been given assignments and are looking for as many shortcuts as possible.

If you’re hoping to demonstrate this when attached to a corporate network then you’ll probably struggle anyway, as essential ports will most likely be blocked.

Pete.

1 Like

pete ,
its not an assignment sir !!
i am working on iot project and i have time of 4 months to complete but i have to developed it further thats why !
ok!!
i will wait until anyone help me to solved out my problem
Thanyou !! But please dont missunderstand

[quote] please
[/quote]

Oh so NOW you start using manners? Maybe add some thank you’s too?

I suggest to keep it up, it is greatly in your interests given the predicament you have placed yourself in!

ok Sry to you too also
and Thank You

do you know any solution for my main problem ?

I’ve had similar issues, but solved by reading the above + reading a few other threads about it. Took a few hours reading. But learned lots!

Okay, so the first address is 192.168.0.1 that is IP of your home router.
The second address however is from 100.64.0.0/10 range. This is too, private part of the network even though it isn’t listed in my previous post. That is because this address range is not supposed to be used in home networks, but only for ISP’s NATs, not to conflict with home networks. More on that here.

In your case, it really looks like you are really double NATted. More on that in my previous ->posts.

Can you please get here screenshots from what’s my IP website as well as from your router settings? If you fear giving those details here, you can send me the screenshot of router settings as private message.

ok i am getting what u r saying
my public ip is not same as my WAN ip shown in routers admin panel

And so you are under double NAT.
And like that you have two options now:
Either you contact your ISP and request public IP or you get some VPS as I had to do.
There are really no other good options besides these…

what do you mean "Request public ip " ?
the ip shown by whatismy ip is not a public ip?
i am confused betn this !!!:slightly_smiling_face:

Well the problem is, that between you, and internet, there are some other devices.
First is your home router.
And some people have such internet connection, that their home router is the only device between them and the internet. But because of exhaustion of IPv4 addresses, there is not enough addresses to connect everyone directly to the internet like that. And so technique called Network Address Translation (NAT) began to be used.
What NAT does, simply said, it kind of “hides” more devices under one IP.
But when you say “I wanna be ISP” You will get just a few public IP addresses like f.ex: 90.65.22.0 - 90.65.22.100 . But with those 100 addresses you could connect directly to the internet only 100 people (it is more like 95 people in reality, but that is not important for us now).
And so what ISPs are doing using NAT is that they assign one of their public addresses like say 90.65.22.20 to NAT, and they then can “hide” f.ex. say 1000 people behind that one NAT. And suddenly, like that the ISP can use only one of theirs pucblic addresses but provide internet to 1000 people instead of just one person.
So as the result of this, a lot of IPv4 addresses were saved, but that also means, that if you and other people that happen to be “hidden” under the same NAT server would go to whatismyip.com, you would all see, that it will display the same IP address to you as to the others. Because form outside it really looks like you all are under the same IP address.

But that also means that people behind this NAT can not host services, only use them. So if you too are (and yes in your case you are) under this NAT, you can not access your server from the internet because even though you set up port forwarding on your router, you do not have access to that ISPs NAT that is between your home router and the Internet. You would need to configure port forwardinng there too, but you can not. It is not your device. It is ISPs device. So they have to do it for you.

That is why you need to contact your ISP and ask for your own public IP. When would you get your own public IP there would be no NAT between your home router and the internet. All you would have to do is configure port forwarding, and it should work. But ISPs do not like giving public addresses because as I wrote in the beginning, they too do not have a lot of them too. So I hope you understand and wish you good luck.