Export compiled binary multiple files

Hi please, does the over air (OTA) code updates to esp32 work on non edgent projects? Just trying something for the first time and when I exported the compiled binary it not like the edgent created instead of 1 bin file multiple of them in some build folder

I have these:
.ino.bin
.ino.bootloader.bin
.ino.elf
.ino.map
ino.partitions.bin

Thank you

which one do I use over the air upload?

Yes, if first upload a sketch via USB that has the appropriate Blynk.Air code - see this topic for more info…

That looks like what you’d get if you choose an ESP32-S2 board type. Use the xxx.ino.bin file.

Pete.

Thank you Pete as always! I’ll try it out

the board I selected is ESP32 Wroover module but that may be wrong it is this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002354577296.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.321.21ef18025ULh5g

it doesnt work it uploads the file to OTA normally but after that it remains like this forever

it never uploads the file

the files look like this when I export compiled - it would recognize only the first one to upload

I have some older projects in edgent and that worked perfectly with the files looking totally different - just one file like this

As I said earlier…

Are you sure you’re selecting the correct board type in the IDE?

Pete.

Thanks Pete! always the same type it worked with edgent for long time normally now it does not, I’ll try multiple other boards - but there are many of them there :slight_smile:

What board are you actually using, and what board type are you choosing?

Pete.

it is the one in the link above and in IDE before this board worked with the ESP32 wrover module but I tried now several other ones none of them work

Unfortunately the link isn’t very helpful, because it says “ ESP-32 ESP-32S Similar”, which doesn’t tell us much.
One of the images in that link shows a board that says “ESP32 Devkit V1” on the back. That also seems a bit odd, because the most of the ESP32 Devkit boards available are now V4 rather than V1.

When I use the ESP32 Devkit V4 boards I select “ESP32 Dev Module” as the board type…

When I do that, and compile an ESP32 sketch (with ESP32 Core version 2.0.14 installed) I just get the .ino and .bin files when I export the compiled binary.

Pete.

so weird, these all I tried + the ones you suggested

also this is the list I have installed - there is nothing else in board manager

also previously it did not matter which board I picked it had always created the bin+ino file and the OTA always worked now I dont know what changed that it wont work

My edgents - all of the codes dont work now as well after the new blynk library - there are many things changed so Im stuck probably for good having my ESP32 still running but with no way updating them with OTA - it is hrad to get to them in my roof

I changed the codes to non edgent which works fine but the OTA not working anymore

Have you tried version 1.x.x of the Arduino IDE?

Or maybe do a fresh portable install of the IDE to see if that helps?

Pete.

I installed to older version IDE but that did not help, tried a different esp32 (I have multiple) also tried just arduino and all of them have the same problem with the OTA the last thing I remember updating was the blynk library - I could revert to very old versions but that is back on trees I guess

I don’t understand any of what you’ve said here.
I thought your issue was multiple files being created by the IDE, which has nothing to do with the board itself or the version of the Blynk library.

Pete.

well I would not know it has nothing to do with it but I trust you on it, I said it because from last time when it worked I only changed 2 things - updated to newer version of IDE 2… and updated the blynk library nothing else - from that moment the edgent codes wont work and OTA on any codes wont work

I tried now the edgent blueprint and that works as edgent which is an improvement so I could transfer my old edgents to this new one

but the OTA still wont work but at least it created just one bin file as it was before

You aren’t really providing enough information for us to be able to help you.
What has changed to allow you to now only generate one .bin file?

Pete.

Pete but I did explain that just the last message if I use edgent code it would generate one bin file instead of multiple but it still wont work with the OTA