Essential changes to FREE plan!

Good afternoon Team Blynk (@mariaShin),

Just a quick question from my side, if i may; Is it possible to create a way to let’s say Buy Datastreams or Buy other parts? In the past With Legacy i just bought some energy everytime i needed it and it worked perfectly.

Because at the moment i am using the App for a personal device at home, with this change i have no other option then to upgrade my account to a paid one (monthly). But to be honest, paying like $7,- a month is a lot, after a year (like $84,-) i can buy a device that has all these options build in and a free APP with it too.

I would be pleased if you guys could reconsider your decision’s on this point.

Many Thanks!

I didn’t choose to be a free user. With Blynk energy model i had purchased the highest amount even i didn’t need that much energy for my simple project when i could buy 2 sonoff (4ch) module with that money. After the new payment profiles there is no sense pay that much to control a few outputs. Every free user is a potential customer. If Blynk wants to loose that opportunity it’s their choice. For sure, most of the free users will choose subscription when reasonable price available. And small amount is bigger than zero.

1 Like

You can use your own blynk local server for free and maintain it, or move to another platform, but I don’t know if you can find free IOT platform.
Let me know if you find it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

TBH Blynk has so many users onboard only because of “FREEMIUM”. Even though people are not using Blynk for commercially or making money out of it, they are contributing to the forum(Few) and thats really great.

As everyone are used to using Blynk for free in the past, it’s difficult to digest that from now on there will be a subscription cost.

As free plan has so much of restrictions there will be no new users coming in. This will definitely ease the servers for sure. So that the same space/energy can be used for paid subscribers.

I guess there will be less traffic in the forum as well, as we will not have to deal with newbies.

We will not have to tell them - :point_down:t2:

Https://docs.blynk.io/en/legacy-platform/legacy-articles/keep-your-void-loop-clean

please edit your post, using the pencil icon at the bottom, and add triple backticks at the beginning and end of your code so that it displays correctly. Triple backticks look like this: ```

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Clean your void loop please :rofl:

2 Likes

the plus plan is very expensive , so i like the blynk legacy .( in legacy buy some switch and forget the monthly subscription ) i think it time to leave the platform .

void loop() {
Freeplan.stop();
Blynk.run();
}

:joy::joy:

2 Likes

See you back soon.

1 Like

Everyone has the right to make mistakes as they want :wink:

1 Like

Good words :slightly_smiling_face:

They once again confirm Blynk’s strategy: we don’t give a damn about all the developers, and all those who participated in Blynk for years - found and described in detail errors, shortcomings, etc.
We need to earn money.
This strategy is their choice. But whether this is a wise strategy - a good question…

4 Likes

I’d rather see a financially healthy and viable parent company that can put resources into developing the product and making it sustainable in the future.
That can’t all come from a few commercial customers who pay through the nose to give thousands of users free access to the same product.
If Blynk (the company) isn’t financially sound then the Blynk product ceases to exist for everyone, which would be a sad outcome.

Pete.

1 Like

But WE the members in the forum are in large number compared to all the businesses put together. And here we all use and test Blynk in our own way and try to make or break it. During this process we find several bugs, and Blynk can fix it ASAP, so that business clients can get a polished APP.

If Blynk makes the free plan available for 6months to try, people will loose interest in finding bugs or issues or quit Blynk altogether.

3 Likes

We are the free beta testers :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No need for a free platform! For example: PLUS PLAN 2devices/12dollars! The server is not occupied!

I would like to confirm:

Participants within the FREE plan that currently have templates with more than 10 datastreams (and obviously less than 30) will see no change to their ability to make use of these templates - including all datastreams in excess of 10 – PROVIDED THEY MAKE NO CHANGES TO THE TEMPLATE(S). Any attempt to modify one of these templates after February 28, 2023 would fail and the user would be restricted to a maximum of 10 datastreams. In summary, if we are using more than 10 datastreams under the FREE plan and we make no changes, they will continue to work after this change takes place.

I would appreciate it if someone with appropriate authority from Blynk would confirm or correct this interpretation of Dmitriy’s statement.

The Blynk service is appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s true to a certain extent.
However, how often have you seen a situation where a free IoT user has flagged-up a previously unknown issue?
99.9% of the free user traffic on the forum is “how do I do this” or “I can’t get connected using my prehistoric hardware” or “terminal widget doesn’t retain data”.
Of course, those type of issues would continue if there was a 6 month free trial, but most serious users who are going to flag-up real bugs are the people who do more stuff, and therefore require more templates/devices/widget types that free users currently have access to.

Pete.

1 Like

True…

:joy::joy::sauropod::t_rex:

2 Likes

You laugh in your own world, but laughing should be your action. If we had known you would do this, we would never have installed Blynk, we would not have suffered for months without proper help. It is thanks to us that you have filled forums, YouTube, and websites with information. And now you laugh. This may be a good thing for you, but I have not grown up in such a society and I cannot justify your actions.

I thank Dmitriy. At least he took a step by valuing our efforts, stating that there would be no limit if we didn’t change the data stream. I understand that you need to earn money, but you should also understand that we have spend more time to learn blynk.

I wish you good luck

4 Likes

Yes, I will consider another solution for my projetcs