ESPproMon Smart Energy Meter App - what is it?

Did some soldering today, which is quite a rare event for me.

The completed plug and play device can be seen in this video we knocked up. It’s a Blynk shared project for ESPproMon users to control our home appliances before they repeat the process themselves.

If we can knock up an ESP8266 home appliance controller anyone can.

8 Likes

Dear Khun Costas
You is boy or girl? :sweat_smile:

@Costas is that your hand in the video :rofl:?

3 Likes

It’s my wife’s hand :slight_smile:

Really good quality PCB .from where you ordered it?& pricing?

@saurabh47 they were from Seeed and they cost for $50 for 50 off including delivery.

1 Like

seeed actually fabricates at easyeda.

2 Likes

The Blynk team have done an excellent job of building the ESPproMon app from our project.

Couple of screenshots of LAN and WAN video feeds playing in the Nox Android simulator.

And Samsung S5 and Samsung S3 screenshots of LAN video and map.

Thanks Blynk, great job.

1 Like

I’m curious, do they price it by size? Or is it $50 for 50 regardless, or is it a maximum size?

I’m just wondering because I would have made a board as small as possible because oshpark prices go for $5 per inch for prototype order

@Fettkeewl at the time the price was $9.50 for 10 and we ordered 5 sets of 10. I think I have since seen that they do 10 for around $5. Not sure if that was a sale or permanent price reduction.

Yes it’s all done per square inch and better design of the board would have made things cheaper as pointed out to us by the great guy that did the work for us. Cost wasn’t really an issue for the boards so we didn’t modify the size to get the lower cost per unit.

He also pointed out that our chosen board producer was not one of the cheaper manufacturers.

Thanks, I appreciate the answer :slight_smile:

7 second video for all 10,000+ Blynkers to watch…

2 Likes

And yet another video showing some of the ESPproMon smartphone app features. This one is 3 minutes 45 seconds and I have taken off my false nails and nail varnish :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hope this time last note is not brutally cut off from music background theme like in nails video…

Edit: no music, no nails, just a hairdryer and hairy male fingers. Disappointing.

1 Like

@zodiac no music at all I’m afraid in this one, just click, click and the whirrr of the hairdryer being switched on via remote RF :slight_smile:

We have knocked up a Community site for anyone interested in the ESPproMon Smartphone App or related subjects. Forums are notorious for sending messages into to your spam folder during the sign up process. So pay attention to the white listing recommendations in the Welcome category.

2 Likes

@Costas wow very nice

1 Like

@langtupt it’s a very powerful app so we decided it needed it’s very own Community site to describe all the features and help users get the most out of it.

Our main App microsite is running Wordpress which has a Discourse plugin for cross posting. Most of the posts on the Community site have and will continue to be posted manually in Discourse though.

We have the obligatory link to Blynk in the menu which actually scrolls down as you read the posts. Very useful on long threads.

Thanks to all the Blynk team and the beta testers around the world, ESPproMon is now in the Google Play store.

You will need to study the installation guide and features, as covered on the website, to get the most out of the app. Please remember to rate and review the app in the Store.

We will let you know when it’s in the Apple store.

5 Likes

Is code available for ESPproMon?