ESPproMon Smart Energy Meter App - what is it?

I wonder if applying this to my motorhome AC system would be feasible? Interesting to see where all my power is being used up between computers, freezer, IR furnace and AC/DC convertor… 120v system of course, none of this instakiller AC levels over here :stuck_out_tongue: Our kids are considered trained electricians as soon as they can crawl and stick things into the outlets :zap:

ill be the 1 part out of 1000 individual who interested and will support the project. working in main ac supply is not my weakness. that is my nature of work ELV and HLV.

For sure, our preferred system operates between 80 and 260V with a maximum current of 100A so the AC of your motorhome would be fine.

It’s really cool walking around our apartment with the Blynk app and turning devices on and off to see what energy they are taking. We have low energy bulbs everywhere except one on the balcony because I need to dig the ladders out to reach it. Also the bulb is so old the Wattage has warn off. A quick flick of the light switch and the app tells me it’s a 60W bulb. If it was 100W I would have probably had the ladders out today :slight_smile:

1 Like

We received several emails from our contacts in the Far East today.

The Smart Meters we recommend are now available direct from the manufacturer to our clients at list price less 51 to 52%.

Please note the supplier frequently has discounts of 12 to 20% for everyone, but we have agreed an additional discount of 30 to 40% !!!.

So what does this mean in real hard cash?

The discounted price of the system we recommend with split core current transformer and LED display is just $11.20 plus delivery.

An LED display is not essential as all the data is shown in the Blynk app but it’s nice to be able to also see the data in your consumer unit. The discounted price without LED display is just $6.80.

Send us a message if you require details of the purchasing procedure.

1 Like

We have been asked what the price of delivery is.

Typically about $2 to $3 depending where you live. Packages are quite small and lightweight.

Edit: we have been notified that the supplier has requested 7.50 USD for delivery of 2 units to Europe and we are trying to establish what the price would be for delivery of 1 unit i.e. 3.75 USD, still 7.50 USD or somewhere in between. Supplier has however stated that the 7.50 USD for 2 units is the price they pay “Logistics” and doesn’t include any profit margin. We will advise their price for delivery of 1 unit as soon as we have it.

For most countries if you purchase in single quantities you will avoid any import duties as you should be below the duty threshold. Once they have confirmed the goods have been dispatched you can then order another unit etc. You obviously have to weigh up the additional cost of delivery against import duty savings.

Ok I think we have stripped out all our email addresses and video url’s from the project so here’s the QR code.

Not tested it yet so let us know if there are any problems. Edit: tested and working OK.

As some of you are aware you need to send us a message to be able to make proper use of the QR code.

Url to use from a Smartphone http://tinyurl.com/y7jap7bw

Bin file to accompany the QR code and a list of features to follow as soon as possible.

1 Like

I already loaded your demo ( inside your server ). It is looking very complete and well designed although I am not sure how to use some features mostly because I have never used in my projects.
Congrats Paul @Costas

By the way I was not able to use the Url, I’ve got error… QR was just fine

@mikekgr we will be documenting each of the features for the app users in due course.

I actually used the QR code during testing like you so I assumed the url was also OK. I’ll try to find out what the issue is with the url.

1 Like

@Costas igot the QR code. tnx.

@costas, I also have the QR code loaded. Thanks

We have just uploaded the bin file and sent those that enquired about the Smart Meter app a message with the URL etc.

Thanks to Blynkers in Canada, Greece, NZ, Malaysia, Philippines, Spain and Vietnam etc we are now entering the final beta testing phase for the ESPproMon© Smart Energy Meter app.

Our current schedule is to ask Blynk to start the publishing process next Monday so that gives Blynkers one last weekend to suggest any final changes and time for me to do a major update to our website.

Thanks also to Mum (and Sir Clive) for the ZX Spectrum :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We have now completed the revamp of the website including the accordion section regarding flashing bin files and Blynk provisioning etc.

We will also add Google and Apple links for the app when they become available.

Tested on desktop and smartphone but better from a desktop machine as some of the graphics are missing from the smartphone version.

Website is at https://peacefairapp.com

2 Likes

Dear Costas,

Count me in

Thanks

1 Like

We have just sent you an invite to a Blynk email thread.

My wife is now involved in the final stages of the app design, OMG !!!

Earlier today we saw some screenshots from Blynkers using the red PRIMARY COLOR in their copy of our “app” in My Apps. Looks nice against the newly adopted Blynk DARK BASE THEME.

She doesn’t like the yellow / amber Terminal colour so I think we are going with Blynk green.

Hopefully these will be the last screenshots we need to do for a while.

Any comments?

1 Like

not related, but what hw do you use for measuring mains ac voltage?

@wanek the hardware required for measuring AC mains electricity is covered on our website ESPproMon© and our GitHub pages.

1 Like

will check it, thanks!

My wife’s green Terminal has made it through the final selection process but not the red primary app colour, it will be sky blue.

Lot’s of new features now incorporated into ESPproMon© including a table off the bottom of the first page with user definable refresh rate, with 0 to 3.99 secs being table refresh OFF and anything you like above this. Default is 864s (a little over 14m) to allow for a full 24 hours of data in the standard 100 row table limit.

Displayed in Chinese / Japanese¥as they are likely to be our biggest customers for the app :slight_smile:

Clearer prompts from Terminal when menus are selected. We thought it was obvious that one needed to enter values when you select a menu item but on reflection simply having “Parameter X selected” wasn’t adequate.

We will keep the remaining features under our hats until after the app has been published but we think you will find them very useful.

2 Likes