ESP8266 01 no respond

I thought we said forget about AT commands.

Paste your Blynk sketch, formatted with backticks.

Yes, there are no problem during flash the firmware. Flashing completed, i seperate the GPIO0 and ground. Reset the esp8266 by power off. Then connect back power , the esp8266 unable connect to IDE. enter any AT command also no respond.

Post the sketch you flashed to the ESP.

Pete.

This is the dirmware i flashed to the esp8266 : AiThinker_ESP8266_DIO_8M_8M_20160615_V1.5.4.bin. The blue led is flashing when i flash firmware to the esp8266.

You don’t want an AT bin file if you are doing ESP standalone.

The sketch is in your IDE and in Sketch Builder, flash that.

Here is the Blink Sketch i flashed to the esp8266.
It’s not blynk sketch but is edp8266 Blink Sketch.

void setup() {
pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN ,LOW);

delay(1000);
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH);
delay(2000);
}

The blue LED is connected to TX of the ESP, so it is absolutely normal it flashes during programming. The question is, how it behaves when you do NOTHING on serial lines… endless flashing indicates bootloop --> something is wrong. The fotos you have posted are showing wrong baudrate, but the initial of the ESP AT firmware is (I think) 115200.
The default 74880 is used by ESP for debugging and is valid ONLY during boot phase (unless programmed so - but who would?)

I think it would be best to abandon AT firmware (at least for some time - best forever) and do what is suggested by @Costas and @PeteKnight. Flash whatever example (for ESP standalone) leave debug enabled, and you should see serial output at baudrate programmed in setup() function

I want the esp8266 work as host and connect to my arduino uno which don’t have wireless function. So i can using wifi to control the arduino uno.

I flash the esp8266 standalone how to connect the pins to arduino uno?

It’s difficult to provide help and guidance if you’re not clear about what you’re trying to achieve!

Pete.

OK, I’m out of here.

2 Likes

It won’t work… Or… it is not meant to work that way…

Just try that:
Set console to 9600…

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("Hello, I'm here");
}

void loop() {
  Serial.println("I'm still here!");
  delay(1000);
}

I’m a newbie, pls advise and help when u r free.:blush:

We get that, and that’s why we’re trying to help, but it’s difficult when you’re not clear about what you’re trying to achieve and what steps you’ve taken.
Did you read the thread about issues with the programmer you’re using and how to fix them?

It would help if you put more relevant information into each post, rather than a series of one line answers to different questions/comments.

Pete.

1 Like

Default AT Firmware : http://wiki.ai-thinker.com/esp8266/sdk

Halo guys,
My esp8266 module now can respond to the AT command since i flashed the default AT firmware which provided by the AI manufactoring website. Above is the link for the default firmware and the photo is the link for download default firmware.

Good, glad you have it working.
You can mark the topic as “Solved” if you don’t need any gurther help on this subject.

Pete.

How to mark “Solved”?

How to mark “Solved”??

I would like to know
what’s “ESP Flash Download Tool (Software)” you use to flash to your ESP ?
Thank you Sir.