Changes to Admin page

You don’t need to login everytime. Cookie expires once a month.

hm, for me it asks every time. i will check cookie setting then…

Also don’t forget to use port # 9443 and not 7443 for admin port

thanks, i’m aware of that. actually, i just own a blynk server since the ports change, so i never ever had 7443 :slight_smile:

I do not see a mechanism for this.

@dennymoney o to the users tab,select the admin@blynk.cc user, enter a new password and click save.

@Dmitriy, is there any way of giving accounts that had been created prior to the update admin rights in order to log in to the server?

@Dmitriy, I get this error when I press mail properties. Any clues on why? It’s setup properly as I can mail myself tokens without issue.

Normal error. Its been there for a while. I think the development in that part of the admin area is incomplete.

No.

That’s fine :slight_smile:.

Again - this admin page is just temporary solution. We not gonna invest time in it as we’re currently working on fully functional web interface. Like thingspeak + blynk + device mangement + user management + analytics, etc.

8 Likes

drool

That would be the ultimate solution. Like the server, adminpage, projects, everything in one package installed on my old faithful Pi :slight_smile:

Opps… I just saw this… so I have deleted that unwanted “default” account… does that mean once the cookies expire, I can’t log into my own server again?

Yes. However default account will be created again on server restart.

I found a flag in the user file for the admin account
“isSuperAdmin”:true,

You can find the same flag in your own account and just change it to true using an text editor!

1 Like

:grinning:

After fiddling around for permissions, I finally got it changed… but it still didn’t allow me to log in with my own account. Oh well… better changes a comin :wink:

It worked for me as I said so you should be able to get it working aswell. I changed the flag and restarted the server. Then I used my own made account to login to blynks admin page. :slight_smile: Did you try restarting your server after flipping the value?

Finally it works… mental note, don’t always trust Chrome’s auto login data entry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I could be incorrect here, but I believe you can just edit the emailaddy.Blynk.user file in your Blynk directory and add "isSuperAdmin":true, after "isFacebookUser":false,.

EDIT: and I just realized I hadn’t read the thread out before responding to this. :wink:

Hello,
I’m showing here a quick demo of cleaning up previous users if exists and changing admin user and password from within server.properties. I resorted to this when I was unable to access user lists after update. Since it is my private server, no harms occurred to virtual users :grinning:

2 Likes