Bug in SuperChart in Android app

In the Blynk App, I’ve purchased a couple of these SuperCharts.
However, I believe they have a bug that causes a drag gesture to move the timeline way too fast. I’m just trying to scroll back slowly. I’ve prepared a video to demonstrate the issue on my Pixel 2:

• It only occurs when scrolling back in time
  • Sometimes, it does work to scroll back slowly
1 Like

Sounds like same issue as here

It is indeed in fact the same as in his last reply, with the 1W video.

@Brounzer thanks for the report. We will check.

This issue is still there, despite efforts done to remove it. It might be a blind shot, but for me it looks like some buffering issue. App tries to buffer just the same time as we are trying to scroll (?) Perhaps prebuffering some data when superchart is loaded would solve that?

It has nothing to the buffering.
Super Graph loads previous data periods on such scrolls and other gestures, and it seems, in this case, it loads them very fast, that’s why it moves to a lot of previous periods during the scroll. We are thinking about the best fix to this issue - probably we’ll add some delay so that such continuous scroll will not load previous periods fast.

1 Like

Whatever will fix it. :slight_smile:

SuperChart now for 1W

Old graph for 1w is still correct

1. Super Chart has different granularity - in the next release we’ll add high granularity options to super chart.
  2. Could you show settings for the Balcony stream.

@BlynkAndroidDev

A week ago everything was OK

Today screen shot for 1 week

Screen shot for 1 day

I see now, you have bar graph there. On previous release we had changed 1 week graph’s data granularity - it shows now only one value for 1 day (for 1 day - it shows 24 hours) - so it shows correct data. The only problem is - too thin bar.

Next release will contain new granularity options that could be selected.

which value is shown in a day (1 day) if i have sometimes a variation of 50 degree centigrade .

I think before the result was more accurate .

@BlynkAndroidDev pls. take a look to this old graph

You will be able to select old high resolution periods with next release. In several days it will be available.

2 Likes

Being able to select the high resolution periods is an improvement and it also makes you understand the difficulty of drawing such graphs for longer periods of time.

What I would be curious to know how are the data points selected on the standard resolution? For example I use the SuperChart mainly to visualize temperature and power consumption. So naturally I would like to know the peak values for a given time period.

What I’m seeing now is that highest power consumption for a water heater for a months period was 230W but in reality it was 1800W (level which it has reached multiple times during the period.

I’m sure they are averaged from available samples, not particularly selected. The same for high res charts, just the averaging period is shorter

you would be best to use code to send MAX/MIN to a value widget to do this, not a graph…

Yes obviously but what I was after was the averaging process used. But actually after posting this I found another thread with the details I was looking for, thanks!

A good tip, thanks! The problem is I have >1 year worth of data stored only on Blynk and I feel the data was better visualized prior to recent changes. But since I’m using Node-RED sending the data to Blynk, I guess I just need to get myself to setup Grafana or similar to collect the data so I can then get more in depth graphs next year. :slight_smile:

But it would be nice feature though of Blynk could do said calculations to show on a labeled display for instance. Of course I understand the performance implications if this was used on a the cloud hosted service.

Yes, I’ve been sending all my data to thingspeak since 2016 so its backed up and recorded independent of blynk…

There is also built into Blynk server database storage capability. It is great, if you have a lot of data for further analyzing. It is SQL based, so possibilities are “endless” . This of course requires local server with quite a large storage capacity and good client for database querying and analyzing. The metabase is one of them, but it is a heavy package for small ARM’s - requires at least 1GB RAM.