Blynk Local server + IFTTT

Good old crontab. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As long as the process doesn’t die unexpectedly that is. If it does, you either have to manually restart it or reboot.

It works, but it’s actually runs as a systemd service :wink:

Since Debian 8 and Ubuntu 15.04 systemd is the default init system, and on later versions the service isn’t enabled by default (itself a reason why people can’t get rc.local to do anything on startup).

Soon I will remove the training wheels and explain how to correctly add permanent iptables rules :wink: :yum:

Actually I was going to ask if anyone knows if the iptables as currently provided by Blynk survive a reboot i.e. can we issue the commands just once without having to put them in a bash script (called by super crontab).

@jasperdog you should look at the systemd stuff when you have time. Also with your old SD card I think you still need to fix email and admin console access etc. The admin console access is a bit messy in relation to the entry required in server.properties and what to do to setup / remove the default account etc. For email you should check if the new SD card system is able to send you token etc. If it does try to remember what you did differently second time around and apply it to the old SD card system.

Good afternoon Merlin the magician,
The new install server is emailing tokens as it should and only contains the correct user email so it is clean in that respect, would it be easier to just import the data files from my old blynk server into the new One, then I will have all my projects with everything working?

Also I think it was messy the first time I did it because I did not change any of the information for the server properties file where as this time I corrected everything in my file before I started and manually copied it to the card after I installed RasbIan.

Also just for your information even by adding 8080 in the Google applet Does not send the correct command to turn the test button on

OK it might be easier then to update your new system but take an SD card image before you start.

Do you mean and image of the new server or the old because I did a backup image for the old SD card yesterday anyway

New server in case you mess up adding back the old projects.

Yeah okay will do that first .
Just for clarification when I copied the data folder inside of the folder was a subfolder which was named my email user and inside that folder was a load of history text files and nothing else is that correct

Sounds right, everything in data.

And just to be clear does the data folder go inside the blynk folder or just in home /pie

pi not pie.

Check your good system but from memory data is in blynk folder.

Okay so this is the story so far I copied the data to the new server but the Blynk app does not recognise any other projects just the single button project that I created Last night even though I had deleted the history in the original new server data folder first so I do not know where it is getting the data from because the button still appears in the app

update, the button was still there because i didn’t delete the project in the app.

Please provide details including screenshots of IFTTT and Google Assistant. (mask out any IP addresses and tokens etc).

that is so funny “mask out any IP addresses and tokens etc”. you already know them haaaaaa

Anyway all jokes aside I have been doing this since we last spoke at 2 o’clock this afternoon I don’t know where to start to tell you what I have done so far

Yes I can guess you are longing to ask me what I have achieved so in your own good time you can ask me