Blynk Local server + IFTTT

See my reply above and no # and no spaces at the start of my line.

I just spotted something that my line contains the wrong Java version

Doesn’t matter we are not using that line.

So just for completeness shall I remove my line altogether because it did not work before

I have very untidy crontabs because I never remove anything, just prefix with #
I can give you 8 minutes max and then I’m asleep.

I know it is just a typo, but all this potty talk has me rolling on the floor :rofl:

1 Like

@Gunner which of the 4 or 5 methods do you use for server start on reboot?

I wish more people tried systemd instead of rc.local and crontab!

2 Likes

@distans crontab is defacto and never let me down (once I have the correct bash script).

Have patience… it is all part of the potty :toilet: training :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay I have followed your instructions shall I now do sudo reboot

Haaaaaa I’m amazed that anybody has got a sense of humour at this ghastly time in the morning

@jasperdog yes.
@distans where it sates rc.local is more or less obsolete I take it that means it still actually works?

@jasperdog hope your pi reboots in the next 90 seconds.

in progress

Whilst I have still got time just to say thank you so very much for dedicating your time and effort in sorting this out for me I will let you go now and get some well-deserved sleep and hopefully speak to you tomorrow because I will now try to deploy the same tactics on my old Blynk server to see if it works once again many thanks good night

1 Like

Night guys we can look at Google Assistant tomorrow now the WAN API calls are working.

1 Like

Unfortunately the raspberry pie has booted up but the Blynk server has not started

Update…yessssssss it has started

1 Like

Sorry about the typos I will go back through and rectify just to make it look better for anybody else that will find this most useful