Arduino Email Sending

I have to go now See you today after 2 hours :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a question as in my school presentation i will have to make a lot of demonstrations which means there will be a lot of emails sent.
I have a question as the limit is 100 email per day, if i create a new project will i be able to send more than 100 emails, with new project i will have a new token so will i be able to send more than 100 emails?
@Dmitriy @PeteKnight

I would have thought 100 emails would be more than enough for your demo.

In fact your code should have a counter to ensure < 100 emails per day for real world application.

I am not sure if that will be enough since i am presenting from 7:40 am to 3 pm maybe it will be enought

How do make sure my code has a counter to ensure 100 emails?

You can have approx 13 / hour i.e. an email every 5 minutes and this is real life.

People watching the demo will not be that impressed with an email every 20s as we all know how emails work.

I’m not going to complete your project as I will then have to come and do the demo for you.

May I ask what age you are?

Counters are a basic element of all computer languages and something you learn on the first day of studying. If you are under 10 years of age then maybe you haven’t covered counters yet.

Blynk has a clock for you so you know when a new day starts etc.

Knock up some code to do just this task and we will review it for you if required.

Regarding your buzzer.

I have quite a few here but they are not used with our ESP8266 PIR alarm systems.
I don’t want the burglar to know we have detected them by sounding the buzzer or they might depart before the Fed arrives.
We use them in temperature monitoring projects for example to say the freezer is faulty, do something with the food before it’s destroyed.

With our alarm system we use a combination of 2 third party systems that offer the following:

1. Super loud PUSH message notifications in the middle of the night that overwrite the normal quiet / silent / vibrate PUSH message settings.

2. Switch to alerting us of the burglar via SMS when we are not within WiFi range and PUSH is not available.

These are the things you should consider rather than buzzers but again if you want to work with them knock up some code to go with your working sketch and we will take a look at it.

Moving forward USB connection is not suitable for PIR alarms as you need to be hooked up to a computer and the burglar will take that with them. Small ESP8266’s are what you need and cost less than $3.

I am new to programming and i have 0 experience, i am fine without using the buzzer, i have a question is it possible that i can make like a counting widget on the blynk app and it will count how much emails i have sent? So if i use another value display and make it count? Or if i can like a notification whenever like 3 minutes or 5 minutes pass but its fine if it is too hard.

I was starting to realise this :slight_smile:
Blynk is great but when you get beyond flashing an LED you really need at least some basic coding experience.

The code would be something like this without Blynk

unsigned int emailsSentToday;    // count how many emails sent today
bool dayRolledOver = false;      // will become true when day changes

void PIRcheck()
{
  // when PIR is triggered do the following
  emailsSentToday++;             // add 1 to the counter
  if(emailsSentToday < 100)  
  {
    // send email code    
  }
  if(dayRolledOver == true)
  {
    emailsSentToday = 0;   // reset counter to start sending emails again
  }
  // code here to check if day has rolled over
}

void setup() {

}

void loop() {

}

The great thing about Arduino code is that unless you are doing the Mars lander project someone has already done all the hard work for you.
So you can ask Google “how to check if day has rolled over with Arduino” and you will find the code you require. Similarly you can ask Blynk the same question and the code will be available.

But you have to a have a basic understanding of what the code does so you can modify it for your particular project. This you can pick up from free online tutorials on C++ or specifically Arduino’s implementation of the language.

Do they teach computer science at your school?

they teach IT (information technology) but they just force us to create websites using wix and type alot for example in term 1 i typed around 7000 words. I know that they teach a bit of coding next year but i have Indian teachers and i know that they also dont know how to code,

1 Like

There are some very good coders in India.

Subject is IT, OK.
I need to have an idea of your age and when do you start and finish the IT syllabus as a compulsory subject.
I’ll get my Dubai visa arranged.

1 Like

@Costas, for your health I would just send our school friend ready code :wink: Your patience is infinite ! Sorry for off topic.

2 Likes

Indian (I’m one and so this reaction) or not, depends on whether they were hired to teach coding or not! A lot of folks around the world do not know coding. And a smaller lot do too. The smaller lot is always willing to help like you see here.

@Costas make sure you bring your keg of beer to be chilled in Dubai. Blazing hot most of the year. You’ll be back in England, well burnished :slight_smile:

Im not sure but can anyone just send me a ready code? because if i try placing those together i will just ruin everything.
My indian teacher doesnt really care most of the time, he even marks our work badly and doesnt read through everything

1 Like

@mohan_sundaram I live in the Eastern Med, not England, so I have some experience of near 100% humidity and temperatures at > 40. But i’ll bring the beer, if it’s allowed.

Any answers for this @Dankharl?

I am 14 so dont expect much, i mainly know about PC components and PC buillds, i mostly learned that from watching youtube videos

also this part?

you mean lesson time table? tommorow i will be have an IT lesson at 12:50 - 1:50 Dubai time In IT the teacher doesnt teach us he only says stuff what to do and we just mainly type as i said

No, like must do IT from age 11 to 15 or 13 to 17.