Arduino Email Sending

Thank you so much i can contact you tommorow if thats fine. I have learned some valuable lessons.

One question is there any way i can increase the amount of emails per day? I am going to be presenting this in school from 7:40 am to 3 pm. Since i will be presenting it all day i will have to demonstrate it alot, so is there anyway i can increase that amount? You can answer this later, i will be presenting this on the 13th of March. If you need i wanna tell you i dont own but i am friends with LevTV if you search on Youtube. He has 8.6k Subs you can check him out. I know i am you are tired of me already but one last question how to start and stop a script on terminal so after ctrl C what do i press to start it

I think @Costas deserves a few beers for his efforts today, and as @Dankharl is probably too young to buy any, here’s a few virtual beers instead.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Enjoy!
Pete.

2 Likes

Send @Costas any awards you win :stuck_out_tongue:

How do i do that? He helped me alot, i dont understand do you work here guys? because you are always online most of the time

Post a picture of it here :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t speak for @Costas (but he is a kind hearted soul with a big brain :smiley: ). I am just a volunteer who unfortunately has more time than energy… so this is how I keep my brain awake, by learning to program with Blynk, C++, NodeJS, etc. and passing on my learned knowledge.

What do i post? what pichure?

Oh, boy… just forget it :stuck_out_tongue: I was joking that if you get a ribbon or something at your school tech fair for “your” project, then you could “pass it on” to the guy that actually made it happen, that’s all :slight_smile:

If i win i will get a printer i think, well i live in Dubai so i am far away from all of you, but i will send a pichure when i am there, its on the 13th Of March

1 Like

Sounds like a nice opportunity!! Hope you get it!

Test out whether you can use a phone for remote internet access to the Blynk server before you start the fair… while at the fair is a bad time to realize nothing works :wink:

How can i test it for remote internet? In my school we have different networks but my phone and laptop works on most of the networks. Do i have to check the token in the browser, but whenever i try to check like yesterday i checked it said invalid token but it worked on my arduino

Blynk has servers strategically placed around the world to provide optimum performance for Blynkers. So when @Gunner in Canada uses blynk-cloud.com in a sketch he connects to a server close to him and you connect to a different server close to you. Blynk uses GeoDNS to direct Blynkers to the nearest server.

At one point if you moved around the world or used different ISP’s that have different routing you needed to use a specific IP address in your sketch for the Blynk server rather than using blynk-cloud.com.

That was why I was asking you to ping the server and you gave me 188.166.206.43. We are based in the Eastern Med, so not that far from Dubai, but when I ping blynk-cloud.com the server IP is 139.59.x.x

Originally Blynkers created an account on a specific server, based on their global location, and you would see “invalid token” in a browser if you moved across the world and tried the project url, with blynk-cloud.com, in a browser.

My understanding today is that even though using blynk-cloud.com in a browser url will try to access the nearest server, which you might not have an account on, the Blynk app somehow searches all the servers for your account and provides access. Just to clarify this part, each server is independent of each other but the app ties them together whereas a browser doesn’t.[@Dmitriy please confirm this is the current status]

What I can’t understand is why you would get an invalid token if you are not moving around the globe and using the same ISP connection method for the Arduino and for a browser. You shouldn’t have to do this but a fix would be to always use an IP in your sketch (actually USB connection script for you, not Arduino) and the same IP in a browser. This way you can be anywhere in the world and not have connection problems but my understanding is that this fix is only required when trying to check token validity from a browser, based on the browser routing differently to the server compared with the Arduino.

Are you using any strange connection methods like VPN tunnels or 4G networks etc?

I am using my home wifi when the project worked, in my school i will also be using wifi to present my project.

Yes but I am just asking about your situation at home i.e. why Arduino and browser are giving different answers regarding the token.

Need to sort this before thinking about school.

Yes i will try

What type of internet are you using at home (fixed line broadband, WISP, 4G etc)?

You home now?

In a browser try:

http://blynk-cloud.com/[your-token]/project
http://188.166.206.43/[your-token]/project

Do they both provide valid json data and if not which gives invalid token (presumably the first url).

For me, with your token, first is invalid and second is OK.

I am in school now i will try at home, i am not sure which type of internet i am using i think probably fixed line

Can you try the 2 url’s from school now as it will help to have this data when we progress to the next stage?

It doesn’t matter that the Arduino is not hooked up.

Your presentation later is at the school location you are at now, or elsewhere?

Yes its in same school but in the gym I will try now

I think it works for the first one,

[Mod image removed as it has your security token]
Sorry i have uploaded my token in the picture i forgot!
It is the same for BOTH that i now have tried

I think the problem was that i have placed my token in between the brackets and not remove them, if that was the problem i will feel bad and really dumb :frowning: