2 way lighting circuit control with blynk and feedback updates

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I started this thread and I have now completed the project and the code and I am at the debugging stage at the moment.

I having a couple of issues with the dreaded ‘Trouble detected’ on the serial monitor which I am trying to get to the bottom of. The first one looks simple but no idea why this piece of code causes it

This code is linked to a push button widget on V2 just to rest some stats. As soon as the button is hit the trouble detected message appears. what am I doing wrong here ?

Cheers

Kev

{
  // V2 Button to reset Max Min settings
  MaxOut = 0;
  MaxPin = 0;
  MaxWork = 0;
  MinOut = 99;
  MinPin = 99;
  MinWork = 99;
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V90, 0);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V91, 0);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V92, 0);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V93, 0);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V94, 0);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V95, 0);
}```

@newdos too many consecutive virtualWrite() commands for Arduino ESP8266 2.3.0 core. Upgrade to 2.4.0-rc2 as covered in Announcements.

Sorry @Costas should of said I am using a arduino Mega - is this still the case ?

Cheers

kev

@newdos same problem, different fix. In the last few days Blynk have released some beta code to fix this issue but Arduino’s might still struggle. Try the beta code and if it still fails, space out the virtuaWrite calls (50 to 100ms delay after every 3rd call etc).

Thanks @Costas will risk the new code later but if the delay between the writes works I will leave it at that for now!!!

Cheers

kev

Sorry @costas forgot how to do this - how do you install the new 2.4.0-rc2 core ???

Cheers
kev

But you just said you are using the Arduino Mega?.. so this ESP core will not help you, but here it is.

And of course for the Blynk beta lybrary, use this link…

1 Like

Im confused!!! this says esp8266/ARDUINO so is this core for arduino as well,or do i just need to install the new blynk beta 5.0 library?

Cheers
kev

tried up to 600 millis delay in that code above between every line and I still get the error!!!

It’s absolutely nothing to do with Arduino’s despite the name. As you are using the shield system then you don’t need the new core. New core is just for ESP8266, in the recommended connection method, of standalone.

Yes see how you go with the new library.

The proper way to do it is with a timer timeout, do 2 virtualwrite() calls, set a timeout for say 200ms and do 2 more and repeat the process until you have done all the virtualWrite() calls you need.

loaded the new blynk library and it works a treat without any delays at all!!!

nice one guys keep it up

cheers

kev

2 Likes

Arduino is the company, the IDE and the boards… so it can get confusing :thinking:

The ESP8266 core for Arduino is for the ESP8266, but it meant to be installed in the Arduino IDE so that the ESP can be treated (programmed) just like how the Arduino boards are, that is about where the similarities end. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Got a bit of a weird thing going on with the property of a widget. You will see in the screenshot below, indicated by the orange rings the text that appears in the properties of the 3 widgets - problem is I am not sending this text to the property!!! I was originally, but I have since changed it (to the same as the widgets on the right) but it keeps reverting back to the old text which is no where to be found in my code!!. I have tried blanking the text in the widget on the app, and even sending blank text to the widget from a set property command and it still comes back!!! Yet the 3 widgets on the right, which were originally the same as the left have updated with the new text from the code fine!!!

Help!!!

Cheers

kev

bump! - anyone any ideas guys please ?

Cheers

kev

If you can’t find the text, then use the IDE search and look for the vPin in your code… start tracking them one at a time and eventually you will find a command doing something, with that associated vPin, that is the culprit.

hi!

i had the same problem some weeks / months ago.
back than, @Dmitriy said the issue will be fixed with new server release.

by the time i dropped the idea of dynamically changing widget properties in my project, because of those annoying bugs. so, i never tested it again to see if the issue was actually resolved…

but if you experienced the same thing 1 day ago, than probably still not resolved :slight_smile:

I will reopen your topic then :wink:

thanks mister master “lightning fast topic closer” sheriff :smile:

2 Likes

Certainly not resolved for me and I have checked for the Vpin in the code and its not an issue with that. I have 6 Vpins that I do setproperty commands on 3 seem to work and 3 dont !!!