WIO Link with Blynk

Now that we have WIO Link board on the Blynk App… What do we do with it and where does the token go? :slight_smile:

@steelgoose flash the Wio Link with the Blynk ESP8266 standalone sketch and put your token in the sketch.

Board settings for the Wio Link are shown below with whatever port you use (normally COMX).

Add a button in switch mode in the Blynk app, tied to gp2, label for ON enter “OFF” and label for OFF as "ON ". Press play in the app and push the button to toggle the onboard blue LED.

Thanks Costas, I thought maybe it could be flashed as a normal ESP, just wasn’t sure about it. Besides, I wanted to see what the Blynk leaders had in mind for it… if Blynk and Seeed were working on something… had to use IFTTT or what… I got two of them, I guess I will Blynk the one and tinker with it…

Hi, I tried the above settings and managed to get a response in serial but weirdly only at 74880 Baud and in the serial monitor it returns:

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7)

load 0x4010f000, len 1264, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0x0f
csum 0x0f
~ld
e:
ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:3, boot mode:(3,7)

ets_main.c

When resetting the wiolink it just returns the same, any ideas?

@robjos1 which ESP do you have and how are you powering it.

Have you tried Blynk’s ESP8266 standalone sketch?

All Fixed thanks, I used upload speed 115200 and 512K(64k spiffs) flash size, the settings above didnt work for me

The Wio is a 4M device so you should be OK at 4M and up to 3M SPIFFS. At 512K you are only making available half the 1M program memory.

Generally I use a maximum baud of 115200, can’t remember now if I went above this for the Wio’s.

Thanks so much for the info, I managed to get the led on the board working as above, however a simple pot connected to the ADC input is not returning usable values in blynk. I have ADC0 selected on a gauge but the value just fluctuates between 4/5. I cant seem to get a digital switch input working on any of the digital ports either?

I haven’t used the ADC input on the WioLink.

Provide more details on your digital switch set up as that should be fine as confirmed by the on board LED test.