Widget Number Limit Removed!

Dear Blynkers,

No more counting of widgets - add as many as you want to your web and mobile dashboards. Users of all plans can enjoy the flexibility of adding an unlimited number of widgets, that are available within their plan, to enhance their dashboard.

We hope this update makes your Blynk journey even more seamless.

Cheers,
Blynk Team

5 Likes

One question arises though (may be a dumb one)… what about the datastream limit? Unlimited widgets are cool, but they need to be attached to a datastream right! So i got this doubt.

2 Likes

:joy:ha ha ha

Hi @Madhukesh,
The announcement is related to the Widget number only, the Datastream number is still defined per plan, and each plan is designed to serve its purpose :raised_hands:

This what made me confused. Let’s say i add 20 buttons to the dashboard on free plan. So there a limit of 5 datastream for free plan. Can you please explain how can i use the 15 buttons without datastream? Or is there any special use case ? I am sure there is one or many which i am not able to think of :thinking:.

1 Like

widget number limit or number of widget limit :joy:
May be she talked about this widget ?

2024-01-13_103729

Widgets limit.

1 Like

There are situations where you want multiple widgets that display the same data - for example a Gauge widget showing the current value of a datastream and a Superchart widget that plots that data over time.
You might also add a labelled value widget to show the same data as something like a Slider widget, and have both linked to the same datastream.

I don’t have an issue with the free plan having lots of restrictions, although I do think that a better approach might be to have the free plan t8me limited, so that it’s a free trial of the larger feature set, instead of limiting it to just a small number of widget types.

But I do think that 20 datastreams per template in the Maker plan is too few, something like 50 would make the subscription more worthwhile and attractive to users.

What’s more important is that Blynk stops moving the goalposts all the time. Decide on the limits and stick to them, so that people are guaranteed the functionality that they signed-up for when they subscribed to the plan.

Pete.

2 Likes

Haaa now it makes sense to me. Thanks for the example.

Hope this day comes soon.

Hello,

using android 12 app 1.15.1 (179) when trying to clone a widget I got a pop-up message “Widgets limit reached” and cloning failed, same when trying to add a widget

on iOS app 3.7.1 (0) the cloning icon does not show, and I get the pop-up message “You’ve reached the widgets limit. Upgrage to get more widgets per template”

can you be please more specific about widget limit removal ?

thank you
Bruno

What happens if you add a new widget, rather than cloning an existing one?

Pete.

the same

And to help the Blynk developers troubleshoot this, what account type do you have?

Also, are you using menus, pages, tags etc in your mobile dashboard?

Pete.

1 Like

I have PRO plan and I use everything possible unless pages and tags

1 Like

@BlynkAndroidDev, @Eugene one for you guys to take a look at?

Pete.

Is it possible that your dashboard has more than 255 widgets?

@Dmitriy check this thread

Hello @brunog

1. You have Pro plan? And this issue in this PRO acc?
  2. You login email to forum is same with blynk login email in which you get this error?
  3. How match widgets you have in this template?
  4. If possible, please add screenshots with this error.

Hi Oleksii, I will send you a PM in reply, thank you

@BlynkAndroidDev I count 238 widgets if I’m not wrong

Hello, is there any update ? thank you