Where did the resizable widgets gone?

When did this issue start happening? There have been no very recent App or Library updates that I am aware ofā€¦ so what changes might have happened at your end prior to this issue?

nothing, the fact is that i didnā€™t actually used blynk app in the last weeks / months, was lot of other work to doā€¦
today i made a new project, this is why observed this.

But some of the Blynk updates have been within that timeframeā€¦ is your App auto updated? Did you upgrade your library (assuming 0.4.8) prior to the new project, or after noticing the issue? Are you using Local Server? (EDIT - I see you are using Cloud)

Something has to have changedā€¦ Just last night, I too have successfully moved around and resized a bunch of differing Widgets in my main testbed and the only thing that isnā€™t current is my Local Server @ 0.25.1 (upgrading to 0.25.4 now)

• yes, all apps are allowed to auto update, blynk too
  • lib is latest too, but has nothing to do with app functionality (at least not with widget resize)
  • i think this issue is there for some time, but i didnā€™t observed until now, because i didnā€™t usedā€¦ and highly probable that it is phone / os specific - because costas confirmed today that the resize functionality is working for him

maybe you can test too?

Hmm, possibleā€¦ I do recall something about Widget resizing issueā€¦ I will try to find that Topicā€¦

ok, sorry, i forgot that were no app updates since last night :slight_smile:
what phone / os?

Found itā€¦

For me? Androidā€¦ Nexus6 v.7.0 and MEmu emulator v.4.2.2

thanks for the link!
actually, there are the same simptoms for me too, what more, i have the same phone / os like @Toro_Blanco!

Yes, I noticed thatā€¦ @BlynkAndroidDev could it be relevant to the issue?

if it is the same problem, sorry for opening a new topic, you can merge them (if it is possible).

Actually, I tend to discourage the ā€œMe Tooā€ tacking on of multiple user/issues into one topicā€¦ I split them apart instead, so you are ahead of the game :wink:

Wow, seems itā€™s the strangest issue) We are working now on a new update, so I guess in a week I could return to this bug and prepare a log build for this issue.

thanks, actually no stress from my side, just seemed strange, this is why i reported.
:wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ve prepared a logging build for your touch issues, if you will have time check it and send me logs:

1 Like

ok, thanks!
later today i it will be this testing.
maybe @Toro_Blanco could be interested too?

1 Like

@BlynkAndroidDev, the widget resize issue is back again, the widget resize frame is not appearing on galaxy s5. i tested on other phones, and it works. only on this phone do not want to work.

for the frame to appear, first i have to move the widget to the very bottom of the screen (ie, scroll down completely). there the frame appears, and it works.

it is not a very big problem for me, just reporting.

Is it the same device where you have that strange vertical scroll issue?

the vertical scroll issue is present on multiple phones, the resize problem is only on samsung s5.

@Toro_Blanco and others, if you still have this issue with widget resize frame not appearing, here is the solution, thanks to @BlynkAndroidDev! :+1:

1 Like