Various questions using BBQ cooking monitor

Thanks for making this!

Is it possible to get this sent to a computer and not a phone app? I want to datalog on an excel spreadsheet and output to a simple microcontroller.

Is there a simple way to do this?

You can export the history in CSV format from the graph in the app.

Dave,

Thanks for your reply. This still requires a phone to perform the request. Is there anyway to just send this information to a PC or other separate logging device?

Yes, search for ā€œthingspeakā€

This seems to send to a cloud and only has a free evaluation period. I just want to send the signal directly to an offline laptop/pc.

Sorry for my lack of experience here. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a ā€œlanguage barrierā€ not allowing to to communicate well with you.

I think youā€™re just asking the wrong part of the internetā€¦

Do you mean without going through the internet? If it is just you donā€™t have a phone I have used it on an android emulator on my pc. (Free)

Dave, I mainly want the data input into a host file (like excel) and not on the internet.

Maybe try local server (I havenā€™t used local server yet) put the data in a super chart. Click the three dots. There is option to export to excel.

I didnā€™t know of this feature. Iā€™m going to build this, this weekend. I just wish there was an automatic data capture on a PC. Oh well, this is where the fun begins!

Also seeā€¦

Line 278 Iā€™m getting ā€œā€˜NO_MAX31855ā€™ was not declared in this scopeā€

All libraries are installed not sure what the issue isā€¦ Help?

@ Dave Blynk are you using Blynk as a crock pot monitor!

You donā€™t have this library installed properly:

The .zip file you download from GitHub wonā€™t install using the add.ZIP library option in the Arduino IDE - you have to manually unzip it and drag the MAX31855 to your Arduino libraries folder.

Pete.

Pete, thanks for your reply.

I deleted the previous library and installed (manually) the one you attached and Iā€™m getting the dreaded ā€œMAX31855.h: No such file or directory.ā€ I looked in the folder just to make sure the .h file was named correctly and it does indeed match MAX31855.h

Any ideas? Itā€™s manually installed in my libraries folder (and showing up) but itā€™s not showing up in my contributed libraries on the IDEā€¦

I figured it out. That library needs to have the .h file moved forward. I moved it from the subfolder to the front and now it recognizes itā€¦

Anyone ever try the MAX31856 folder?

I did mention that in my post.

Pete.

Newest addition. Mind you Iā€™m using a dedicated PC in the garage. I didnā€™t have any of this last night.

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: sketch\WiFi_Dual_TC.ino.cpp.o: in function `checkHeatTemp()':

C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:322: undefined reference to `MAX31855::readThermocouple(unit_t)'

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:322: undefined reference to `MAX31855::readThermocouple(unit_t)'

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: sketch\WiFi_Dual_TC.ino.cpp.o: in function `readMAX31855FoodProbe()':

C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:298: undefined reference to `MAX31855::readThermocouple(unit_t)'

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: sketch\WiFi_Dual_TC.ino.cpp.o: in function `loop':

C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:528: undefined reference to `MAX31855::MAX31855(int, int, int)'

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: sketch\WiFi_Dual_TC.ino.cpp.o: in function `_GLOBAL__sub_I_Blynk':

C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:535: undefined reference to `MAX31855::MAX31855(int, int, int)'

c:/users/lance/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\Lance\Documents\Arduino\WiFi_Dual_TC/WiFi_Dual_TC.ino:536: undefined reference to `MAX31855::MAX31855(int, int, int)'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Generic ESP8266 Module.

What version of the Arduino Core do you have installed on that PC?

Pete.

The newest I believe. 1.8.8.