Using Blynk offline

Hi,
Do I need a network connection to use Blynk local server or wifi hotspot without internet connection will do?
Thanks in advance.
Update:
I agree with @PeteKnight, this post ain’t related to my question, so I decided to reform my question to be more clear and precise. I know that a clear and detailed question is a compromise plan and time saving for either Blynk users and agents as well.
So I promise that this will be my last unqualified post.
My problem: I can’t connect in Blynk app using AP that has no internet connection.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Download and install Java 11.0.7

2. Set Java as a system path

3. Download server-0.41.13.jar from Github

4. Create a new folder and put server-0.41.13.jar in it.

5. Run CMD and run the following command: java -jar server-0.41.13.jar -dataFolder C:\MyBlynkServer\MyPath, or simply double click on the Jar file and the server will run on the background.

6. As a result I got : C:\MyBlynkServer>java -jar server-0.41.13.jar -dataFolder C:\MyBlynkServer\MyPath Blynk Server 0.41.13 successfully started. All server output is stored in folder 'C:\MyBlynkServer\.\logs' file.

7. I made a new Access point from my phone that is running out from credit, and named it “AP no internet access” and make it open without any password.

8. Run ipconfig in the CMD to figure out your local ip address.

9. Change the ino sketch so it looks like this:

char ssidblynk[] = "AP no internet access";
char passblynk[] = "";
void setup()
{
  // Debug console
  Serial.begin(9600);
  //Blynk.begin(auth, ssidblynk, passblynk);
  Blynk.begin(auth, ssidblynk, passblynk, IPAddress(192,168,2,20), 9443);
  }
  1. Connect my tablet that has Blynk app installed in it to “AP no internet access”.

2. Run Blynk app, Click on create new account and change the server settings from cloud to custom and write down the following: Ip: 192,168,2,20 Port:9443

3. Hit sign up, and as a result I got: Sorry, app couldn’t initialize connection to the server. and then: Reconnecting to the server.
    What I expected:
    A successful connection to the local Blynk server from the app using “AP no internet connection”
    More details:
    -Blynk_Release_v0.6.1
    -Samsung tablet SMT-280
    Again, I apologize to waste your time, and I hope you accept it.

No, you don’t…

Pete.

@PeteKnight, Thanks for the fastest reply.
I’ll review this post.

@PeteKnight
Do that mean I have to set up my esp8266 as an AP?

No, the Pi will be the Access Point.

Pete.

@PeteKnight, so without Pi, I can’t Blynk offline.
If so, that is really disappointing.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be a Pi, but it does need to be a device capable of running the Java server software. This could be a Windows device, and recently there was someone who’d done this on an Android phone - but that seemed like hard work compared to doing it on a Pi or PC.

Pete.

@PeteKnight, I think my question wasn’t clear enough.
I’m on blynk local server already running on windows 10.
I’ve read this post also: ESP8266 as access point and it’s just what I wanted.
I want to Blynk offline.
My main problem after a successful starting of a local server is that I couldn’t login using the Blynk app in my Android device connected to the same AP that my esp connected to.

Don’t you think it would have been better to say that in your initial post, rather than a one sentence riddle that makes no reference to that actual issue?

Without knowing more about your setup it’s difficult to answer your question, but my guess is that either Windows firewall is blocking whatever port you’ve specified for app to server communication, or (if you’re using a router) then you have some routing/port forwarding issues.

Pete.

@PeteKnight, thanks for wracking your brains for me.
I’ll do it tomorrow as it’s time to bed.

“Early to bad, Early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise”

@PeteKnight, I’ve updated my original post. Please, check it out and tell me what should I add if it still lacks for details.

Somewhere in your system you need a device that is capable of routing network data packets to the correct device. I’m an iPhone user, so don’t know whet the “Access Point” capabilities of an Android phone are (I’m assuming that’s what you’re using, as I’m pretty sure you would have said ‘Hotspot’ if you were using iOS), but if you are using an Access Point app on your phone which has routing capabilities then you’d need to configure this correctly.

Your computer would need to be connected to the same Access Point (it might be, but you skipped that bit) and the firewall turned off or configured to allow the appropriate traffic through.

By far the simplest way of dealing with this no internet scenario is to use an old router instead of your phone. It’s what they are designed to do, and it makes like much simpler.

I’m also a bit confused by this bit. Don’t you first of all have to connect to the server (custom or cloud) then create the account t?

Pete.

@PeteKnight

I don’t think so because the ‘Create new account’ option is in the main UI. So you have to hit it and then fill out the new account and the server info.
I meant by ‘Create new account’ the option and not the button that has the ability to signing up.

Special thanks to @PeteKnight, I succeeded to using Blynk offline finally.
@PeteKnight, Do you allow me to turn this post as a complete tutorial?

Probably best to create a new post for that.

Pete.

Okay, @PeteKnight, I’ll do that.