Troubles after update to 2.28.9

Hello,
I had a working project (Blynk Server) I was already using with an esp32 in an android phone (android 9)
Today I have realized that blynk version has been updated in my phone to version 2.28.9 (the name of
Blynk app has been updated to GiraffePlayer??)

Starting my project, it was saying that there was no connection to the server

I installed blynk in another phone (but 2.27.28), and everything is working perfectly

After that, I uninstalled and reinstalled Blynk in the first phone with the same v2.28.9. I was not able to log in with my existing user. After that, I pressed Create new account and with the previous user I logged in. No projects were there, but I copied the one I had with the other phone, but there is connection with the esp32.

Can you help me with that?, it seems to be a trouble with Blynk 2.28.9 (I am beta tester) I am installing from the official Play Store.

Please, Can you help me to fix that? Do you need additional information?

Thank you,
Regards

@BlynkAndroidDev - one for you?

Pete.

Just updated to 2.28.9 , works fine for me.

Same thing hereā€¦ I canā€™t reach my Local Server neither Blynk Cloud with my userā€¦

App says: User is not registered

@BlynkAndroidDev , can you please support in this matter??

Thanks.

1 Like

I tried to disconnect from local server and reconnect, works fine !
Blynk Server 0.41.16-SNAPSHOT

1 Like

Thanks for you reply Alexis but I canā€™t Log In even using Cloud Serverā€¦
I have downloaded the ā€œBlynk Server 0.41.16-SNAPSHOTā€ but it seems that is not using Java8 (please, correct me if Iā€™m wrong as Iā€™m far away being an expert in Linux) so I canā€™t use it or at least, when I run ā€œps -aux | grep javaā€ that process is not running. (Iā€™m using an old Orange Pi Zero as server)

Not sure what to do but I canā€™t reach my Local Server and my user is not registered using Cloud Serverā€¦ happy Sundayā€¦

1 Like

Hi Jose

Iā€™m using server-0.41.15-java8.jar, but for unknown reason, ā€œBlynk Server 0.41.16-SNAPSHOT successfully startedā€ is displayed.

Happy Sunday too

1 Like

Okā€¦good news for meā€¦ I was using Blynk App as Beta Tester, so, after leave Beta version, uninstall App and install ā€œnormalā€ one all works again as expectedā€¦

Best regards.

1 Like

Iā€™m using blynk App as beta tester :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Strangeā€¦ I have done the test updating Blynk as Beta Tester: ā€œGiraffePlayerā€ appears again and I loose the access to the Serverā€¦

Going back to regular APP everything works as normalā€¦

At least for me, the issue appears in the Beta versionā€¦

Best regards!!!

1 Like

@acantelo, can you please leave Beta Tester, install ā€œnormalā€ version and provide feedback??

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Maybe you have an iphone?
Iā€™m using Android 10.
What is giraffeplayer?

Have a good day

Itā€™s strange that not blynk app title appears, looks like video library overrides title on your device due to some reason. With the 2.28.x app you can send logs from the start screen. Can you reproduce ā€˜user not registeredā€™ error and make a long tap on Blynk logo on the start screen - it will provide an alert to send logs.

2 Likes

I would do that but after signing out I cannot sign in back, it gives message user not registered.

Wow, can you send logs? Long press logo on the start screen, and select email app to send logs files to my mail.

1 Like

@Dmitriy please take a look into this issue - server returns user not registered error for an existed user. geo-dns server: 139.59.206.133

@psoro
Really in the second phone, I was talking, I have another google account, so not being beta testerā€¦ so it was installed version 2.27.28. I logged with the same blynk user an everything is working properly.

In v2.28.9 (09.04.2021) as I told in the initial mail, I was not able to log in with my existing user. After that, I pressed Create new account and with the previous user I logged in. (I am not 100% sure of what I did). Finally I am logged with my account, but it seems to be a different server or another user, because for example the energy I am having in both versions is totally different (really in the updated version is negative).
I can try to send to you the logs I have, can tell me to which e-mail address, please

Thank you
Regards

Hi @acantelo, I have nothing to do with Blynk Teamā€¦ Iā€™m just a Blynker as you are!!

1 Like

Nope! Android device (S10+)

Android 11 in my case.

No ideaā€¦ That name was displayed instead of ā€œBlynkā€ at the APP Iconā€¦ really strange.

Have a nice Wednesday mate!!!

1 Like

Oh dear, a little bit painful but Iā€™ll try to do it if it helps somehowā€¦

1 Like