The old version of Blynk will be retired at some point, you should start planning your migration to the new version

Now it work’s fine ! it needed delay to connect :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Pete, is there a good place on the forum to talk about Blynk2 ? (remarks, questions, help, issues, etc… )
Or you have to create a section for Blynk 2 ?

It needs a new category for Blynk 2.0, but I don’t have the access rights to do that.
Waiting on @Pavel and his team to do a bit of reorganisation and tidying-up.

In the meantime, post in “need help” and flag it up as a 2.0 question.

Pete.

2 Likes

Added - Blynk 2.0

3 Likes

Thank you, my dear @PeteKnight , what is the correct method? I have no idea about it. Why does the company sell energy if it is a non-copyrighted method?

Previously, Blynk sold energy to allow developers to prototype projects, or to allow makers to run their own persona; projects.
If you wanted to use Blynk for any commercial project you needed to sign-up to a monthly subscription, which cost around $400 per month.

Now, the cost is much lower for the Plus or PRO subscriptions, which can be used for commercial purposes. The Free version cannot be used commercially.

This was in the T’s & C’s from 2017…

Commercial Use

Any of Blynk Products CAN NOT BE USED for any commercial purposes, including, but not limited to selling products and providing services which for any fare, fee, rate, charge or other consideration, or directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit or used for monetary gains or beneficial to a commercial entity.

The only legal way to use Blynk products and services for commercial purposes is to sign up for a paid licensing subscription plan listed here: https://blynk.io/plans

Pete.

I recently purchased plenty of energy to automate my home. And now I am hearing this suspension of Blynk 1.0 on the way … if company had this plan, they should have already stopped selling blynk energy. Purchasing energy had a lifetime validity. But now they have come up with this !! (now or in the near future)… They are selling energy on blynk 1.0 = money …
Suspending blynk 1.0 = force migrating people to blynk 2.0

No reimbursement for energy purchased on blynk 1.0

Only one free device for free plan !! Extra devices at 5$ = money

Very nice strategy of making money !!!
Blynk’s gratitude to its old customers like us is just amazing !!! Hurraayyyy !!! :clap:t2::clap:t2:

6 Likes

To be fair to Blynk, they did announce that Blynk 2.0 wouldn’t use energy over 2 years ago…

Pete.

2 Likes

I was blynk user since 2018 and spend lot’s of money in blynk app the new ui doesn’t have anything expect rainbow theme this is not fair with us.

At least blynk provide 2 or 3 device promotion to old user.

3 Likes

Geez 6 months is a bit harsh, Blynk 2.0 may have some maturity but still needs further development when reading the comments! It is great that there has been a release, the more interaction the more questions will be asked.

We will consider this. Thanks for the suggestion.

7 Likes

Or find a different service.

Blynk has never claimed not to be a commercial product. The local server aspect has been from the beginning a reward to the early adopter communities of hobbyists who formed an important part of the development process.

I am disappointed, as a hobbyist, to lose the local server function, but I can’t fault Blynk for protecting their commercial rights.

I will keep my local server until it no longer works for my hobby purposes, as well as concentrating on Virtuino, which has a nicer looking UI anyway, in my opinion. The $10 price for all functionality is a reasonable price for me as a hobbyist.

I think all hobbyist makers owe a great deal to Blynk, but the party is over.

4 Likes

:rofl: love this joke

Then why are they selling energy on Blynk 1.0 when they are closing it shortly ?? This looks like a scam to me…
They should have or stopped selling energy by now. Couple of weeks back i purchased energy… for what ?? Atleast provide free devices based on energy purchased on blynk 1.0… NOT FREE DEVICE ACTUALLY WE have PAIND FOR ENERGY.

Hi,
I think before retiring the old Blynk , the new Blynk should start at least from the same level of the old one with all the new improvements.
What I see is that the new version still missingtoo many things.
On the mobile App there is no dark theme, when we can have new themes on blynk 2.9?
On the Web Dashboard there is only 3 widgets, is there any hope to get more at least the simple buttons?
There is no possibility to command directly a hardware Pin of my Esp32, only virtual Pin…Am I wrong?.
All the data stream are based on the virtual pins and they are only Integer or double there is no bool, how can I create On Off button or switch?

Till now I’m trying to migrate but I’m really facing many issues or maybe I’m missing something… Please advise…

Regards

3 Likes

And the punchline is that one is so customizable as to be abled to closely emulate the other :rofl: … No, I didn’t bother matching colour HEX values or using custom images… Yet :wink:

And yes, both use similar Vpin options and both where are dynamically adjustable, even without hardware.

I still love you (old) Blynk… Good memories.

EDIT I “fixed” the HEX colours and custom button imagery. Now that is a nice and customizable GUI :innocent:

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

I feel the old blynk must be left for makers like us. They should not stop it. Its really hard to migrate and also hard to upload new code to the non reachable devices.

3 Likes

I don’t think that burying your head in the sand is going to help.
Blynk 2 is the new king, long live the king!
Keeping Blynk 0.1 going is simply going to prolong the agony and slow down the migration to Blynk 2.

Pete.

2 Likes

I have been kicking the sand at them… doesn’t work either, but can be entertaining.

Oh, I think the devs have proven capable of dragging it out all by themselves :stuck_out_tongue:

Alas, my new internet is on it’s way… so there is programming and binge watching to be done, so till later my friend @PeteKnight take care of the fiefdom :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No matter how this thread will develop: we are on a mission to run the best IoT platform.

Yes, there will be ups an downs, there will be haters and those who choose other options. This never stopped us before and definitely won’t stop now.

We had to redesign the system from the ground based on your requests and those who use it commercially. Is it ideal? No. Will it ever be? No.

I only know that it’s 100 times more powerful and has an amazing foundation to build on top and improve. We did it once, we changed how people build connected projects and products. Now we are doing it again.

1 Like