The old version of Blynk will be retired at some point, you should start planning your migration to the new version

Date de la suppression de l’ancienne version ?

Pas encore de date, mais si tu as ton serveur local, y a pas de soucis :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I installed

1 Like

Ok dans l’immédiat mais dans qlq mois…

2 Likes

The link provided by @vshymanskyy shows following:
Introduction - Blynk Documentation

I have a project which is in 2 weeks about 1000km away from me, to observe and control the heater in a house. It is possible to maintain the system once a year for two weeks.

What should i do?

• How long is Blynk 0.1 maintained?
  • How long is the app of Blynk 0.1 in the app-stores present?
  • Is there a timeline?

Surely, it was announced in the forum, but i never saw that.- Now i saw the announce in the “old” Blynk app.

• Do i have to migrate my old project rapidly without longer testing phase or should i setup my own server?

Note, i have 22k unused Blynk energy left :cold_sweat:.
Is it true the old ones are running further, like also shown in the picture posted here?

@Pavel @Dmitriy

Next time your account will be silenced for 2 weeks for irrelevant name tagging.

What’s the reason to tag people in your post?

2 Likes

I am sorry, the point is, i have no time.
Edit: I didn´t know this is unusual.- I am really sorry if this caused problems.

My project goes 1000km away in two weeks, i have to rework and migrate my project if blynk0.1 is not supported anymore in 6 months, so i was asking for answers in my post.
The question was asked a few times in the forum and no answer was given so i called you by tagging…

1 Like

When I started this topic, Blynk’s stance had changed from “the cloud servers will be kept running for maybe 12 months” to “the cloud servers will be kept running for maybe 6 months”.
It has since changed to “we have no plans to shut down the cloud servers in the foreseeable future”.

At some point you will need to migrate to Blynk 2.0
If you have the chance to do that now then you probably should, but it probably depends on when you’ll have the chance to do that migration in future.

Pete.

1 Like

Hello. I made a code to control an aquarium and it is in github. Free. Open source for everyone. I share the dashboard with a QR code. So, everybody who want can download code, install app and buy energy and control your aquarium.

Now,how i can do the same?
Share QR dashboard ??

Give some information on how to set the data streams on the web dashboard to the users.

So they place the widgets set the virtual pins and they are good to go.

Yes, it takes some effort to set things up than Blynk legacy !!

No. Will be done at some point (We use that internally, so maybe it’s not that much of work).

I am trying make an open controller for aquarium easyier way. My code is in github, then each user can register in blynk, obtein their token, modify the ino, upload to their mega board, download App blynk legacy (for now), scan the QR dashboard and thats all.

Like other makers projects. I no earn money, just showing how blynk works, and how they can control their aquariums.

Thanks

1 Like

In the new version the BRIDGE is missing, a really big loss … :frowning:

1 Like

no, we got around the problem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hello Pete,

I fully agree with you that we should start migrating to the new Blynk version. But I find it rather difficult to find my way .
First of all there are a couple of new concepts, which to me should be better be explained. Like template, device…Just a simple explanation of the purpose of the concept would clarify a lot.

I have a very simple application (in the old version ) communicating with an arduino uno board connected to a router via ethernet. I 've tried to understand how to migrate to the new blynk, but all the examples I find on how to set up this configuration in the new blynk eventually end up in a wifi connection thing and don’t detail how to connect via ethernet. Do I have to incorporate the blynk.edgent library into the arduino code etc…
A simple example - a push button widget - lighting a led via an arduino board connected via an ethernet cable to a router would clarify a lot

If a guideline explaining this would exist , would you please provide me with directions where to find it

regards

Rob

No, Blynk Edgent is for use with WiFi connections.

Migrating you existing code is simply a case of adding an additional line of code that contains your template ID, but this MUST be at the beginning of your sketch.
There are many examples in the Blynk library.

The only exception to this is if you use Notifications, Bridge or the Timer widget, but your simple blink an LED example is very straightforward.

Pete.

This is exactly what @Robert doesn’t want, as it uses Edgent and WiFi provisioning, which is not relevant with an Ethernet connection.

Pete.

I have a question: did I understand correctly that my blynk 0.1 is completely unusable and that I now have to start from scratch with blynk 2? Or can I just keep using blynk 0.1?

Blynk 0.1 (Legacy) is no longer supported.
Blynk we’re planning to turn off the cloud servers at the end of this year, but they seem to have changed their mind on the timing, and it’s not now clear when they will be turned-off.

My advice is to migrate to Blynk 2.0 (IoT).

Pete.