Terminal has new bad behavior - Not flushing and scrolls to top on App start

I guess, yes, but @Dmitriy knows the server’s options much better)

Yes. It will help.

1 Like

i have exactely the same experience… the lines sent from hw to the terminal while the app is not active, never appears on the terminal.

@wanek I was tempted to post this as a bug but I’m not entirely sure what we should expect from the Terminal, other than the obvious of text appearing at some point.

maybe you’re right, and this is not a bug.
but usually i use terminal to log events with timestamps, to be able to check later at some point, when i open the app. but if the terminal logs are lost while the app is in background, it’s not too useful…

I realize why it’s popping back down - I update the label of the terminal widget every handful of seconds with a device heartbeat. Seems like updating the label forces the scroll to the bottom. I’m guessing that anything done to the terminal will also force scroll to the bottom. While it didn’t do this before (a few updates ago), I’m okay with this!

I will say that I’m using Blynk Cloud, and I get history of activity, the last 25 things that happened in my house, regardless of the app’s status. I’ll very reliably see the last 25 things that happened even if I have to power on my phone. Since this app is connected to my old house security system sensors (see the screenshots I posted above), being able to see a bit of history is very important - the terminal widget would be useless to me if it didn’t give me a small history. Seems to work fine, always see last 25 lines, on multiple phones, too.

hm, this is what i would expect too, but for me only shows an empty terminal, even the logs that were registered some time ago, are disapper on next app start :frowning:

so, can we call this a bug, @BlynkAndroidDev?

i would like to mention, that my terminal which is not working properly is hooked up to device selector widget (15 devices). when i select a device with device selector, i always got an empty terminal, no history at all. maybe this is the clue to look into…

Yep, maybe it has such issues due to device selector. We’ll test on our side.

1 Like

Got it. I’ll think about fixing this issue.

that would be very nice, thanks!

Correct. This is expected. We didn’t implement storage for device selector.

i see. but this “feature” is not mentioned in the docs…

any chances that storage would be implemented for device selector in near future?

I mean storage for device selector and terminal. However, last value should be available. Larger storage for this use case is not planned for now.