Table tennis robot - NodeMcu - 7 motors

off this table tennis robot

Hi Paolo,

this is an really inspiring project.

I am currently planning to build a similar machine for floorball balls which are slightly larger in
diamater (72 mm) and theirs weight is around 23 grams.

May I ask you what kind of power supply you are using (3S Lipo?) or with approximatly with how many rpm of your brushless engines you are using the robot most often?

I ordered two 1400kv motors so far but I am not sure if the power is sufficient and I need to buy the power supply still.

Thank you so much.

Cheers!

Hi Sven,

I have used brushless Motors A2212 1000KV; I don’t know how many RPM (I guess max 12000); but normally I have to reduce the speed otherwise the ball (3 grams) is too fast with 3 motors. As power supply I have never tried batteries, I use the power supply recycled from an old notebook, 12V 5A. I suggest to check the datasheet of your motor and ESC; I don’t have enough experience but considering the weight of the ball you will need much more power.

Paolo

Thank you Paolo for your answer. Ialready ordered some A2212 1000KV as well but have some doubt… So I might switch so some older brushed RC ship motors at least to compare in case the power is not enough or order some larger. Lets see… any way congrats to your project and the great documentation done here! Sven

1 Like

Hello, can you make a video about how Vertical movement work please. i still cant find how my servo work for this movement :frowning_face:

I think I can clarify the vertical movement with this image.
There are two servo moving in sync to create the desired angle for the pipe:

Hi Paolo,

I am using similar motors and the power is amazing despite the weight. Unfortunatly one of my ESCs (cheap Aliexpress stuff) seems to be broken, so I need to get another one first before being able to really “shoot”.

I tried using RC car 1:10 rubber wheels but they are “blowing up” quiet heavily at high RPM although I already glued them… so I might switch to your kind of tires to avoid this, but the “grip” between ball and rubber wheel is very nice.

Cheers,

Sven

1 Like

Im done with vertical movement. But now im very confused with turntable.
Can you show me a picture from the back? So i can see clearly how the servo work for turntable

For the horizontal movement there is the servo on the back with a rigid arm, but connected to the turntable using two springs.

how to make the machine ?

Read the previous 89 posts in this topic and you’ll have most of the information you need.
You either figure the rest out yourself, or ask specific detailed questions.

Pete.

Can you send the 89 previous posts please as I am new to blynk?

No, simply scroll up the page to post #1 and start reading!

Pete.