Support for multiple devices

@Dmitriy, is it possible to involve an existing device to my new project or not? Should I add new device and use this new auth token to my existing device? It means, I have to reload all older code with new auth tokens in case of use them for a multiple devices project. Am I right?
Other question: how can I control one output on more device with one button (e.g. one lamp per device on same GPIO port number - according to your suggestion which was same code for all devices but different auth tokens)? Button option contains only one device adding possibilities.
Thanks!
aquarius

Yeap. This is recommended way.

This feature will be in next updates.

thank you in advance!

Hello Dmitriy - I have recently setup a local server and I am running multiple ESP’s in separate projects. I would be very interested in trying this out if possible.
Originally I was hoping that multiple devices were an option and each widget would then be assigned to a particular device, but aside from bridging I did not find any documentation on multi-device single projects.

-Thank you

@wingnut http://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-main-operations-control-of-multiple-devices

@Dmitriy - thank you. Is there an anticipated release for iOS?

In 2-3 weeks.

@Dmitriy Thanks again, looking forward to it.

@Dmitriy I have a blynk project running on an Arduino Nano with ethernet connecton that is simply 3 buttons that control accompanying relays, and 3 leds with virtual pins assigned which report state feedback of the arduino pins controlling the relays (so I know which relay is switched on or off).

I have recently set up a Raspberry Pi Zero W and camera streaming with MotionEye. MotionEye includes motion detection, and I think it may be possible to run a script when motion is detected. Without having to alter my original code in the arduino, would it be possible to have the raspberry pi interact with the 3 buttons assigned in the arduino?

So, I have both devices in the same project, when a virtual pin in the raspberry pi is sent high, it is able to check the state of the button(physical pin) in the arduino and if necessary toggle it.

One of the relays controls a light, so when motion is detected by the raspberry pi it tells the arduino to switch the light on.

@CraigDubya the Bridge widget allows different MCU’s to interface with each other.

Hi Costas, thanks for your reply.
I have looked at the bridge widget, but I think it would need me to modify my original code on the Arduino? I would like to avoid that if possible due to the location of that device.

@Dmitriy, i know this is an old topic, but what is the max number of devices / project? i didn’t find in the docs…

25 devices, 100 projects

thanks!
i have to do lots of automatisation and monitoring stuff on a hotel. but 25 devices probably will be enough. if i use local server it is possible to change this value?

25 devices per project :slight_smile:. Yes, you can change this on local server.

Hi @Dmitriy I am new to Blynk, but i am old into telecom devices and firmwares, current I am willing to enter deep on IoT and invest on it, so, the main focus being direct related to the customer side are, and this is a weird new market for the customs solutions being deployed all over.

We would like to have a true breakpoint with Blynk development in app area.

In our current scenario imagine a mass production for Light Switch, Garage Doors and kind of Pulse switches, each device shall have a unique ID incorporated on it, so, if the user want to use the Blynk app, once they create a user account and login, it could add the device by the model/maker and the pre-auth token on it, so, it could be done by scan barcode on the unit or type it.

What is the idea of it?
As a hardware solution developer it could perfect integrate with Blynk APP device with no hassle and perfect run as all in one solution.

What is in need:

1. Product Area inside Blynk project
  2. Product Templates
  3. Code running and checking

So, what are the odds it could be done?

@Filzek hello. Not sure what do you mean. But for end customers we released App Preview. It has all related docs - New Android Release 2.14.0

@Dmitriy

1 - When i work with tag i have to set a value on a pin(for example D0 on a nodemcu) so sometimes i want to do for different pins on diferent device (not same or mutual name of pins).

2- i think if we have a widget that bring us to set more thsn one value for a pin or pins on a device or devices

@samisamixp checkout - http://docs.blynk.cc/#widgets-interface-device-selector

1 Like

@Dmitriy
I mean diferent function no same function on devices