"SONOFF Clone" - Mini-ESP8266 Power AC Relay Controller

I pick this one :smiley:

That wasn’t meant as an insult. It sounds like we actually have similar motives. I just find the programming, automation, and integration of these devices to be the more interesting part of the hardware / software equation. I built several of these “clones” before the Sonoff was available, so to me, the debut of the Sonoff was a welcome respite from the soldering iron.

Its just personal preference. I prefer to build things than buy them.
I could go an buy a SONOFF and be done… but in my mind its not the same as building your own… and yes I know you can “hack” a sonoff and re-flash it but then there’s no point buying their hardware only to wipe their code.

Just looked up buying a SONOFF device and I can’t even find a place that will ship to my country :joy:

Reflashing is exactly the point - customizing the device to work with my system, adapting it to a wider and more complex array of triggers, in ways that the manufacturer didn’t anticipate.

IMHO, build “things” by myself is funny as part of the challenge. Could I buy one of them? Yes, for sure, but it won’t be the same…

2 Likes

@Jamin
hello
recently i added this line to my sketch

timer.setInterval(2000L, []() {
     Blynk.setProperty(vPIN_INFO, "label", String("WIFI: ") + String(map(WiFi.RSSI(), -105, -40, 0, 100)) + String("% (") + WiFi.RSSI() + String("dB)"));
                  });

it works fine , but i don’t understand ( -105, -40, 0, 100) what that mean.
also label is showing in very small characters at left corner , and /pin/ is not showing at all.

it means how strong your wifi is. -65dB is about the minimum for a decent wifi connection. -70dB is a lousy connection and everything above -60dB is considered good enough for streaming applications like VOIP and video

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

Sorry. Perhaps I took the word “clone” too literally. Obviously, more sophisticated switching devices are useful variants of the Sonoff, but don’t fall under a strict definition of the word clone.

On a side note, the Blynk discussion forum is usually a pretty friendly place. We can always disagree without resorting to insult. :grimacing:

1 Like

Agreed… @PiWiFio please edit last line in your post, thanks.

woah ragey mc rager over here…

1 Like

Best wishes to you and your future.

I’m retired. :wink:

Haha lucky for some!

And from this forum as well :wink: Thanks for restoring his deleted posts @Jamin

Hello there. What part of sketch do I need to change to make it work with normally open connection? Meaning SWITCH_PIN LOW instead of HIGH and vice versa? I tried to do that with no luck
BR

Hey Zbx!

Sorry its taken so long to reply.

You just need to invert the bits on the following lines:

^^ Change 1 to 0

^^ Change 0 to 1

Inverted! :slight_smile:

in code where i put ssid and pass ssid? and which ouput pins are selected in the blynk app? I do not run for a local server…thx

All in settings.h