[SOLVED] QR Scanner not working

I tried it in the daylight time but on my friends iPhone it worked

so it is your phone?

Might me but not entirely sure though @Trey_Sleeper has same problem too :sweat_smile:

well, i perhaps that is the case, but lets count the people who don’t have the problem?

The QR is for the opengarage app. Link here: https://github.com/OpenGarage/OpenGarage-Firmware/blob/master/docs/OGManual.pdf
The QR reader screen, camera and reticle come up but never seem to recognize the QR code. It never captures so to message or anything. It just never triggers.

Yes, version 1.16.1. First time I’ve used the app was last night so, no I’ve never had QR scanning work.

Rebooted mine as well. Still no luck. As far as the light levels, I tried last night under very bright lighting and this morning in daylight with no success. The image looks razor sharp under the reticle.

Missed this one. Yes, using the cloud server.

The issue could be due to large QR. Some cameras may be bad in resolving it.

That’s possible. I tried to eliminate camera faults as a possibility by installing a standalone QR reader which worked fine.

Yep, but the implementation of QR scanning maybe different in our app and that QR reader… We’ll investigate this issue.

Cool. Let me know what I can do to help.

1 Like

Did you guys update something? Tried again today and scanned no problems! :slight_smile:

Same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S7.

The code I’m trying scans with 3rd party QR scanners, but not with the Blynk app.
I’ve tried scanning from paper, pc monitors and even my TV.

1 Like

Same problem using Honor 8. It works instantly with other QR scanners, but not with the built-in one.
One possibility would be to allow pasting the code which has been scanned using another app?

Hello. We are working on fix. Stay tuned.

Any progress? app v2 still have same problem on s7edge

1 Like

Hi,

The next release will contain updates for QR issues with disable/enable auto-focus support.

A post was split to a new topic: Problems scanning QR code on Android