[SOLVED] How to configure Blynk server?

I think the problem is not being able to enter the server IP, and which option in Arduino sketch

I think I need a recipe for dummies

Ah ok :smile:

char auth[] = "put-token-here";

IPAddress server_ip (192, 168, 0, 25);

// Mac address should be different for each device in your LAN
byte arduino_mac[] =  { 0xDE, 0xED, 0xBA, 0xFE, 0xFE, 0xED };
IPAddress arduino_ip  ( 192,   168,   0,  124);
IPAddress dns_ip      ( 192,   168,   0,   254);
IPAddress gateway_ip  ( 192,   168,   0,   254);
IPAddress subnet_mask ( 255, 255, 255,   0);

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Blynk.begin(auth, server_ip, 8442, arduino_ip, dns_ip, gateway_ip, subnet_mask, arduino_mac);
} 

This is how you normally would connect to a local Blynk-server. Ofcourse the server_ip can also be the one in the cloud on cloud.blynk.cc

Is this something you can use?

All this is present in documentation on GitHub, please read it if you want to install local server.

Dear Dimitry, I think my problem is that I do not know what is the hardware required to begin with, i have Arduino UNO and thatā€™s it.

@garzac no ethernet or wi-fi?

No not at all, just Arduino UNO

Ok, so use this USB sketch and this getting started.

I already did it, but i do not know where to get char auth[] = ā€œYourAuthTokenā€?

Iā€™m really sorry to bother you with this things, but Iā€™m am enthusiastic on getting start my self on this issues

Ok. have a look here http://blynkkk.github.io/#getting-started-getting-started-with-application

Wonderful, iĀ“m going ti read all of it, and if i have any doubts, iā€™ll bother you again, it is ok with you?

Thank you very much for your help!!!

1 Like

I already did it, but i do not know where to get char auth = ā€œYourAuthTokenā€?

You get this token when you create a widget for your new project for example. Letā€™s say you gotten past logging on to your local server. You would then create a new project. In the process of naming the new project below the section where you select the Hardware mode there is a section called ā€œAuth Tokenā€ thereā€™s a string of number and characters there. You would copy and and paste this on your code.

I had lots of problem getting my server working.
I started it and logs-files were created, I tried to create a user from my iPhone app, didnā€™t work!
My solution was Windows Firewall, I shut it off and then I was able to create a user.

Hello fellow Blynker,

I have this problem in configuring the local server, I downloaded the latest local server jar file, server-0.13.1.jar. I run the file and its working fine. I could log on in my local server but the problem is when I send my Auth Token from my mobile phone the server is not accepting my email address. below is the server log when I send my Auth Token.

18:10:32.331 ERROR - Error performing blocking IO. 535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14257 v1sm3747273wjf.49 - gsmtp

18:11:08.657 ERROR - Error performing blocking IO. 535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14257 ks5sm3809488wjb.13 - gsmtp

18:12:50.186 ERROR - Error performing blocking IO. 535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14257 ys9sm3759396wjc.35 - gsmtp

I also created a mail.properties file with my email and password and save in the same folder with server jar file.

I would highly appreciate if somebody could help me configure my local server, Thanks.

Did you read this? Look at NOTE

Hello Dmitriy,

I follow the procedure in the Quick local server setup. Server is running but when I send the Auth Token from my mobile phone the server is not accepting my log on emial. I also created a mail.properties file as per information in the blynk website.

Hope you could help me, Thanks.

Please read all ā€œEmail setupā€ section carefully. It has explanation of what you have to do in order to enable emaling.

NOTE : you'll need to setup Gmail to allow less secured applications. Go here and then click "Allow less secure apps".

Hello Dmitriy,

I already allow less secured app in gmail setup and I follow this instruction in

Enabling mail on Local server

In order to enable mail notifications on Local server you need to provide own mail credentials. To do that you need to create file ā€œmail.propertiesā€ within same folder where server.jar is. Mail properties :

mail.smtp.auth=true
mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true
mail.smtp.host=smtp.gmail.com
mail.smtp.port=587
mail.smtp.username=YOUR_EMAIL_HERE
mail.smtp.password=YOUR_EMAIL_PASS_HERE

It may be a stupid question, but have you tried logging in to gmail on the web wit the same credentials? The error code and FAQ is quit clear. It looks like a wrong username/password combination. Is there any two factor authentication you use on google or maybe a different password?