[SOLVED] GPS TRIGGER can use as a pin TRIGGER can use as a pin restriction

GPS TRIGGER can use as a pin restriction
ej I want to pin restriction for one area and nobody can turn on the pin out to that area

If I understand your question, you want to limit someones ability to ā€œdo somethingā€, for example; activate a button, slider or switch (in the app) while the phone or tablet is in a specific area?

If so, then I belive you can use the GPS trigger, attached to a virtual pin, that then acts like a flag for another programmed function.

Perhaps like this:

BLYNK_WRITE(V0)   // GPS Trigger
{
  GPSflag = param.asInt();  // Set the flag to 1 or 0
}

BLYNK_WRITE(V1)   // Button that does something if GPSflag is 1
{
  if (GPSflag == 1)   // Check flag
  {
    //  Do something if flag is 1
  }
  else {
    //  Do something else and/or give feedback that something is not allowed in this location
  }
}

Yes I will try that for a limit
Thank you

@Jairo30 you could use the Terminal widget for users to enter a pin number and then include an if statement around every other Widget. If the pin is correct the Widget will run and if it isnā€™t no action will be taken.

thank for you replay but what I want to do is set a limit for a button, slider or switch (in the app) while the phone or tablet is in a specific area

what kind of limit?

a limit for a specific area with GPS TRIGGER
limit can you use the button just in specific area, like the garage door cannot open by mistake for a different location.

Hi, I am looking @ the same concept, Jairo30 have you got a solution

hello I been working in others project and I never take time to resolve this issue.
If you find more information please sharing with me this option is real good for security and void miss press buttons.
thank you

@Dalmine007 If you havenā€™t already, please take note of the timestamps when posting to older topics.

My first post already gave a solution to this ā€œissueā€; set a flag that gets set active only when the App is in a specific GPS determined area. Then with code, check that flag whenever the specified widget controls are activatedā€¦ if flag active (in area), continue with action, if flag inactive (out of area) ignore command.

Basic Boolean Logic. https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Boolean

1 Like

Hi Sir, thanks for the help so far, I am having a small issue now. Getting the following error when uploading sketch

exit status 1
ā€˜GPSflagā€™ was not declared in this scope

{
}

{
  {
    digitalWrite(13, high)

}
  else {
    //  Do something else and/or give feedback that something is not allowed in this location
     digitalWrite(13, low)
  }
}

void setup()

Just as the error stated, you need to declare that variable, either globally or locally - scope - Arduino Reference

e.g. set GPSflag as a local integer.

int GPSflag = param.asInt(); // Set the flag to 1 or 0

@Dalmine007 as you are using the GPSflag in more than one function it will need to be declared as a global variable.

1 Like

Thanks Guys itā€™s working perfectly now

I am just posting final code as reference for anyone.

int GPSflag;

{
}

{
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
  {
   // pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
    digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
    delay(500); 
    digitalWrite(13, LOW);
  }
  else {
     digitalWrite(13, LOW);
  }
}

void setup()
{
  // Debug console
  SwSerial.begin(9600);

// Blynk will work through Serial
  // Do not read or write this serial manually in your sketch
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Blynk.begin(Serial, auth);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
}
1 Like

Thanks for posting your code example for others as reference. However, Iā€™d like to send a friendly reminder that itā€™s also very helpful for other viewers if you format your code according to the guidelines on this page: [README] Welcome to Blynk Community! (you only have to tap the ` key 3 time before, and after, your pasted code snippet). So, please donā€™t take offense, and want to express my sincere thanks to everyone who participated in this thread, as Iā€™m looking at adding some geo-location restrictions to my project behavior as well. :relaxed:

I fixed your formattingā€¦ againā€¦ please donā€™t post unformatted code double-oh or you might lose your license :wink: