[SOLVED] Failed to disable echo1

Ok, with a separate power supply! thanks but now there is another

problem :joy: do you have same solution?

26/5000
The connection is unstable! but it’s a step foward!,thanks for your help

try esp - Arduino
TX- 3(arduino pin)
RX-2(arduino pin)

thank for your help. I have tried but I view “Failed to disable echo”

@smone upgrade to 0.4.8 and you should see a new error message.

sorry, why i have to udate?
how i can upgrade ? after upgrade i’ll to change something?

Are you still running Windows 3.1? No, that’s the reason to update.

Close the IDE. Copy and paste the 0.4.6 libraries to a new location for safe keeping. Delete the old 0.4.6 libraries. Copy and paste the 0.4.8 libraries to the same location as the original 0.4.6 libraries.[quote=“smone, post:18, topic:15283”]
after upgrade i’ll to change something?
[/quote]

Yes you will still have work to do but you will benefit from a nice new error message rather than the “failed to disable echo” message.

1 Like

@smone see https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/issues/333 but it looks like the new error message has not been established yet.

At least with 0.4.8 all your widgets will work.

It works, problem solved but just connect arduin0 to an external power supply (not from pc) jumps connection why?

What does this mean?

Did you upgrade or are you still on the ancient, not fully functional, 0.4.6 version?

Sorry for my English, I’m Italian and my english is a bit rusty.
I solved the first problem, now there are a permanent connection between arduino and the esp. I did not update, if i connect my Arduino board or my esp8266 to an external power supply, the connection is lost from Blynk to the esp

I’m sure there are many Blynkers that would like to know how you did it as the “echo” error message is one of the most common problems when attempting the Arduino with ESP “shield” connection method.

It may be that you don’t know precisely what fixed your problem. I know from personal experience that sometimes you just try the dozen or more possible “echo” fixes and one works without you realising which one it was.

Fair enough but some Blynk features will not be available to you until you take the time to upgrade.[quote=“smone, post:23, topic:15283”]
if i connect my Arduino board or my esp8266 to an external power supply, the connection is lost from Blynk to the esp
[/quote]

Not really sure why that would happen.

I solved, I connected the arduino to gnd esp … thank you very much for your help! :smiley:

Failing to provide a “common ground” is quite a common problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

there are different case [quote=“Costas, post:24, topic:15283”]
It may be that you don’t know precisely what fixed your problem. I know from personal experience that sometimes you just try the dozen or more possible “echo” fixes and one works without you realising which one it was.
[/quote]

There are different case, for my case there are different types of problem. 1) the Esp needs a different power supply, because the Esp will exceed what the Arduino can provide. with an exsternal power supply i solved my first problem. 2) the second problem was the message “Failed to set sta mode” i solved this with at comands, i seted baud to 9600 for changing the baudrate permanently i used this command:
AT+ UART_DEF=,,,,
For example 9600 baudrate / 8 data bits / 1 stop bits and none parity and flow control ; AT+UART_DEF=9600,8,1,0,0 the command AT+CIOBAUD=9600 it would change the baudrate temporarily

1 Like

I have studied:joy:

1 Like

thank you very much bye!

A post was split to a new topic: How this combination ESP-01 and Arduino works

2 posts were split to a new topic: Device keeps disconnecting and shows “failed to disable echo” message