[SOLVED] Arduino Uno WiFi (Arduino.org combined board) and ESP NOT RESPONDING

I don’t know if I did something wrong but I did everything in the getting started. I copied my code from the example area for the Arduino Uno WiFi but when I run the code I get this on my serial

[9]

/ _ )/ /_ _____ / /__
/ _ / / // / _ / '/
/
//, /////
/
__/ v0.4.8 on Arduino

[587] Connecting to WIND_XXXXXX
[1598] ESP is not responding

why esp is not responding did I do something wrong

This is a new error message, but same issue as the prior “Failed to disable echo” message. While the error is Blynk generated, the issue is not caused by Blynk itself, rather improper connection and/or improper ESP firmware/setup

Double check that you have proper:

` Physical connection of the TX/RX pins - 3.3v to 5v logic level converter where required.

` Independent, and sufficient, 3.3v source for the ESP (NOT tapping off from the Arduino)

` Correct (current) firmware on the ESP

And here is some Arduino-ESP connection guides, as per the Help Center documentation (links at the upper right of this screen):

http://help.blynk.cc/hardware-and-libraries/arduino/esp8266-with-at-firmware

If yoy are talking about Arduino UNO WiFi ftom Arduino.org, this is not supported.

1 Like

Good point… but since it is showing up in the Sketch Builder can you clarify what you mean by NOT supported? As in “Not at all, burn it” or “Just not reliable, burn it” or perhaps “It might work, just don’t look it in the eye:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am sorry but I can’t understand what you mean I use the Arduino Uno Wifi Board (WIFI ON BOARD) which is supported in the example area if in reality is not then it is you fault

Sorry for being rude but there is a big difference between Arduino Uno WiFi and Arduino Uno with WiFi
One has it built in on board and the other has another module outside of the board

Yes it’s not needed!

I rarely use Arduino’s these days as ESP’s are generally much better and certainly easier to start Blynking.

My understanding is that Arduino have a very specific implementation for the onboard ESP of the Uno WiFi and that it’s not well supported by Blynk. You can forget you have WiFi capabilities and connect your Arduino with USB, Ethernet or even a separate ESP. This is probably the easiest way forward if you still want to use the Arduino rather than an ESP.

If you search this site and the wider internet you might find someone that has got the Uno WiFi to work with Blynk. I believe it will involve working with the Ciao library.

Ok, i understand but I have only the wifi no ethernet. If I could just find a better I.o.T. service.

It’s kinda difficult

I think you are really going to struggle.

2 Likes

Yes, thank you guys for all the answers let’s just end this conversation here.

2 Likes

Sorry guys this board wont work until arduino provides proper TCP libraries… we don’t have resources to develop it for them.

As for the generator - yes mistakes happen. We’ll fix it soon.

1 Like

@dimpap5555 FYI, I moved all your redundant postings from other topic, into this topic:

1 Like

I don’t know if I did something wrong but I did everything in the getting started. I copied my code from the example area for the Arduino Uno WiFi but when I run the code I get this on my serial

[9]
___ __ __
/ _ )/ /_ _____ / /__
/ _ / / // / _ / '/
/
//_, /////_
/
__/ v0.4.8 on Arduino

[587] Connecting to WIND_XXXXXX
[1598] ESP is not responding

why esp is not responding did I do something wrong

It means, esp is not responding. It was previoisly reporting “Failed to disable echo”. Search for this error as well.

I was thinking I would have a better support from the Founders but anyway

@vshymanskyy could you please add some doc on what to check in case of above error?

you do :wink: http://help.blynk.cc/hardware-and-libraries/arduino/esp8266-with-at-firmware

We accept contributions to improve this article.

1 Like