[SOLVED] Arduino + IFTTT over USB (Link connectivity issue)

Hey guys,

I just started building things with arduino and I’m trying to build a led controller that changes the led’s colour through IFTTT triggers…
Ex: Facebook notification --> Blue led turns on

And I know its very possible using ethernet shields or wifi but I’m in a budget and I’m trying to build it over USB serial connection…
Any ideia how to do that?All help appreciated!

The principle will be the same, perhaps even seamless, like as with any other notification widget. Just try it and see.

Yeah, did a little bit of search and got it going, but the thing is I cant’t connect my arduino to the blynk cloud server, serial monitor shows a connecting/login timeout loop :frowning:
I saw your answer to this post ([SOLVED] Serial USB, can’t get it to connect) and tryied everything on this and other solutions but I keep getting the same loop problem… Any tips?

That is a different issue than implied by your title and initial questions :wink:

Make sure you have commented out ANY serial print statements (that includes the #define BLYNK_PRINT Serial) that might be using the same serial port as your USB link

1 Like

Sorry, drifted out a bit, and wow, that was a simple fix :smiley: THANK YOU!