Raspberry Pi Zero W controlled by Blink

Hi
For my project i have to control some relays connected to a raspberry from my phone. I thought to use a raspberry pi 3, but I want to use the cheapest product possible. I thought also to use an ESP8266, but i’m not good to programming this board. So, i’m thinking to use a raspberry pi zero w, that have a wifi interface. But my question is: Can i control the relays connected to this raspberry from blynk app? How? Thanks

Hello and Welcome to the Blynk Forum.

It is a subjective situation, but you might find learning to code the ESP8266 easier that the RPi, and the ESP8266 is also more widely used in this forum.

Either way, there are many resources here to help you learn how Blynk works, so that you can learn to connect anything you want.

At the upper right of this page there are links to the Documents, Help Center and Sketch Builder (Note the RPi examples are based more on the C++ type WiringPi code) where you can learn the commands and see many example sketches that will help you get started.

You can also search this forum for keywords that might bring up other topics full of questions, ideas and even some code, suitable for Rpi… not as much as for Arduino/ESP based devices, but still, there is some.

Here is the link to the Help Center’s reference for installing Blynk in a Linux based device…having tried both types for the RPi, I recommend you try the NodeJS method due the abundance of Javascript examples you can find on Google, that can be adapted with Blynk, and there is a little bit more support & examples for the NodeJS method here in the user forum.

http://help.blynk.cc/hardware-and-libraries/nodejs-vs-c-library

I recommend you spend some quality time searching and reading various RPi topics in this forum. The search feature is the magnifying glass icon at the upper right of this screen, beside your Avatar.

Happy Blynk’n :slight_smile:

PS, as you learn, you may wish to post code in your questions topics… please follow this procedure to do so, for proper viewability.

And which hardware i’ve to set in blynk app?

I believe you can use the RPi 3 option… it only reflects what the numbering and type of physical pins are available for the Widgets when setting for direct pins… doesn’t affect virtual pins, so depending on how you use your hardware (direct pin control or via virtual pins and coding) you could use most any choice and make it work.

GTTT, Thanks for pointing out the links. I guess I didn’t notice anything at the top of the page. Now I’ll be able to get something done.

Finally, after three years, recognition of all my links :rofl:

But seriously, yes, the top of page links “disappear” once you scroll the slightest way down the page… I long gave up bugging the developers to fix that glitch.