Raspberry Pi, Light Sensor Readings

Hello all,

I’m working on a project with a Raspberry Pi 3 and a WINGONEER BH1750 Light Intensity Sensor. I am having trouble trying to run the code from the example template, https://examples.blynk.cc/?board=Raspberry%20Pi&shield=System%20default&example=GettingStarted%2FPushDataOnRequest on the Blynk website. Right now, I am just trying to get readings to show up on the app but the template will not even run as there is always an error on the line "static BlynkTransportSocketblynkTransport; " saying that there is an error at the end. I am not sure if I am suppose to connect the hardware differently when using the Blynk app but the connections now work and will display the readings on the Pi.

I am programming this in Python code (Also not sure if I should un-comment that codes that are commented out in the template now too)

Settings on Blink: Display Value, Rasp Pi, Wifi, Virtual Pin V5, Push

If anyone has connected this type of sensor with a Raspberry Pi and successfully used it with the Blynk App, I would sincerely appreciate your expertise. In the end, I want to be able to send these sensor readings to the Blynk App to graph this data but I haven’t gotten that far.

Welcome.

First, all examples in the Sketch Builder are for C++, thus only good for WiringPi setups.

Node JS is the better bet as there is a bit more for usable Blynk examples around…

Python is in Alpha