Push notifications don't show on iPhone

Hi,

My project worked fine for some time and just out of nowhere the Push notifications for the Blynk app stopped showing. I can see the notifications showing in the “notification” tab in the app but no pop up/push notifications is showing.
I have tried deleting the app and installing it again. updating my iPhones iOS to the latest version.
After I updated the iOS I got one notification popping up but then it stopped working again. weird…

Arduino Uno + ESP8266
Iphone 12 with iOS 15.6

Thankful for any help you can give me!

I can publish the code here if needed but since the same code was working before, I dont think that is the problem. Seems more like a bugg of some sort, especially since I got one notification when I updated the iOS.

/Jonas

Are you using Blynk IoT ?

Have you checked the notifications settings in the iOS settings app and the “do not disturb” settings for your phone?

Is it possible that you’ve exceeded the Blynk limit of 100 notifications per 24 hour period?

More info here…

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your quick reply!

Yes Im using the Blynk IoT and I have checked the things you mention. I have not reached the limit of notifications per day.

but I realized now looking at the link to the post you sent me that I have (for some reason) set up the “Event Counter” in the notification settings to 10. So that is why I just got push notifications every 10th time one an event has been sent I guess.

Now the everything seems to work again!

Thank you som much for answering so fast and for giving me a number of different suggestions!

Cheers!
/Jonas

1 Like

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem - it worked fine and just out of nowhere, I don’t receive notifications anymore. I can see every event in the timeline and I receive an E-Mail, but no push notification. I’ve triple checked every setting and all tips and hints mentioned above are covered. It is still not working, though… I am going crazy, maybe you guys can help out

iPhone 7 with IOS 15.6.1
Blynk Version 1.20
ESP8266

Markus

I’ve found the solution to the problem. The problem was not in the blynk configuration but in my Arduino code. There was too much delay() in the loop. I changed the code according to the recommendations: Keep your void loop() clean - Blynk Documentation
and now I am receiving push notifications again. Yeehaw!

I don’t know why it worked before, or why I could still see the events in the timeline, but didn’t receive any notifications. Anyway, just wanted to let you know in case someone else has the same problem.

Markus