Problem with virtual pin

Couldn’t get OTA updating to work so left it out

Wow! Glad to hear that you’re back home and doing okay. Was that the LRI where you were being treated?

:cry:

This is quite a good guide…
https://docs.blynk.cc/#blynk-main-operations-change-widget-properties
You have more control with styled buttons and you can change the onBackColor and offBackColor to mimic your LED.

Stay safe (and don’t forget to be alert too :slightly_smiling_face:)

Pete.

Haha thanks Pete, I at least don’t need to worry about staying safe or alert now it’s done wiping the floor with me. Not sure where LRI is but no I was in DRI in Doncaster.

I’ll have a read through and have a play when I get chance. Once I get more D1s I’ll connect up a dummy setup and experiment with the code on it without affecting my working unit.

Andy

1 Like

@llawsa you might want to take a look at this:
OTA and Blynk.begin() - #19 by PeteKnight

Basically, some things have changed in the latest Arduino core, and you need to be connected to WiFi before calling ArduinoOTA.begin. If you have your Blynk.begin towards the end of your void setup, but Initialise your OTA before that then it won’t work.

Pete.

Thanks Pete, yes that was also the problem with mine and it now works!

Andy

1 Like

I thought it might be connected to that issue. Glad it’s working now.

I went for a job interview as a trainee COBOL programmer in Donny, in the very early ‘80’s. Didn’t get the job, which was probably a good thing in the end as COBOL fell out of favour quite soon afterwards. Not sure I ever wanted to be a professional coder anyway :crazy_face:

Pete.