PRO widgets - что это такое? Устройства и пользователи - как это работает?

Доброго времени суток.
У меня есть несколько вопросов, касающихся новых тарифных планов - FREE, PLUS, PRO.

1. В новых тарифных планах появилась опция “PRO widgets”, что это за виджеты? Я не нашёл описания по данной формулировке, поэтому спрашиваю тут.
  2. Указано, что в плане FREE допускается 1 устройство и 5 пользователей. Что под этим подразумевается? К примеру, я создал некий проект в телефоне, на android, подключил одно устройство - ESP32, каким образом могут это использовать 5 пользователей? Т.е. я не понимаю на физическом уровне как это работает…
    Как в телефоне создать проект, запрограммировать устройство и использовать все это - понятно. А как работает схема с пользователями я не понимаю…

If you take a look at the setup iin the web browser, you’ll see that it’s possible to define your organisation, with different roles and permissions, and assign users to those roles.
Each user will have their own login to the app or web portal, and be able to do whatever you’ve defined in the permissions.

We’re still waiting to hear what the PRO widgets and basic transaction limitations are going to be.

Pete.

1 Like

Thanks, PeteKnight. I have already looked at the settings in the web browser, but I have not yet understood how these settings relate to the projects created in the phone … Maybe I did not look very carefully, I will try again. Thank you.

1. Список готовится и будет опубликован в течении 1-2 недель

2. Новая версия платформы теперь поддерживает доступ нескольких пользователей к устройствам.

Когда вы зарегистрировали аккаунт, вы стали организацией. Даже если вы один, вы все равно организация. Вы можете пригласить других пользователей в организацию.

На данный момент, сущности «проект» нет. Есть только список устройств. Но мы планируем вернуть проекты в виде дашборда для управленияе несколькими уже добавленными устройствами

1 Like

Ок, это я понял.
Но у меня в телефоне крутится два проекта, в каждом по одному устройству, которые были запущены ещё год или два назад. С одним из этих проектов я поделился с одним пользователем, используя функцию shared access, второй проект крутится только у меня.
Каким образом настройки и ограничения организаций соотносятся с существующими проектами? Если ограничения (по тарифному плану FREE) - 1 устройство, то значит я не могу больше создавать новых проектов с новыми устройствами, но по факту я могу в приложении создать новый проект с новым устройством - это работает. Вот поэтому я не могу до конца понять схему с тарифами…

How do organization settings and restrictions relate to existing projects?
There is no connection between the old Blynk and the new Blynk. Eventually the old Blynk will be retired and those projects will stop working.
To migrate to the new Blynk the user interface will need to be totally re-created in the new app, although the code running on your devices should require less work to make it function with the new Blynk.

Pete.

1 Like

This is interesting, that is, at some point, my two existing projects will “fall” and I will have to redo everything. It’s fun :slightly_smiling_face:

Please specify, in the FREE and PLUS plans, the number of users - 5 and 10 - is this the number of users of one device or in general the total number of users in the organization?

As far as I understand, it’s the total number of unique users in the organisation.

Pete.

2 Likes

That is, it turns out that in the FREE and PLUS plans I can pay and add devices, but I cannot pay and add users.
As a result, I can have, for example, 5 devices and only 5 or 10 users - for all devices, no more.
In my projects, the opposite is required - I need a minimum of devices (2, 3 to begin with), but for each device at least 5 users, otherwise it makes no sense at all to create such projects.

If the number of users is really strictly limited and this number is for the entire organization, and not for one device, then for me personally, these plans make no sense.
Unfortunately.

The way that the old version of Blynk works is that there is only one real user, then by turning on project sharing you can create a second anonymous user that has less privileges.
People complained that they wanted to know which anonymous user did things, like who opened the garage door, but didn’t close it again.

In the new system, these additional users are no longer anonymous, and their actions can be tracked/audited (I believe). In addition, each user can have a different level of privileges.

One thing that may be possible (I’ve really not played around with organisations/users in the new Blynk) is to create a “generic user” login that is in effect the same as the anonymous user that existed in the original Blynk. All of your users would then log-in as this one user.
These users would need to share the same login credentials to the app/web dashboard, but that’s not really any different to before.
One thing I don’t know is if there is a limit to how many devices a single users can be signed-in on, or after reading this whether Blynk will attempt top close this potential loophole :smiley:

Of course, you looks all the nice features of user auditing etc that exists when you use the user features correctly in the new Blynk, but that may not be an issue for you - and may be a reason to leave this loophole (if it actually exists) open.

Pete.

1 Like

I use Blynk quite primitively - to control equipment (mainly heating), receive notifications, control, visualize in charts.
All new features - web panel, user control, user rights, etc. - I don’t need it.
But I need, if a project with one device is created, then this project should be able to manage multiple users - this is the key point. And so with all the following projects (devices).
At the moment, I use Telegram (Bot) for my projects - the number of projects and devices is not limited, the number of users is not limited, while the platform is free. Of course, there are drawbacks - these are visualization, widgets, charts - what is missing.
If Blynk provided some optimal solution for users like me (I think there are a lot of them), it would be ideal. So far, if the plans are as I understand it, unfortunately for myself I cannot find a solution.

@Serg_Grn I still don’t understand whether you are using it personally or it’s some sort of commercial project?

In any plan you can use more devices for a one-time activation fee. This activation fee is kind of insurance to continue serving your devices even if you cancel subscription.

Members of organization can get access to all devices.

In FREE plan you can share access to devices between 5 people. We believe it’s more than enough for personal/family use as average fam size worldwide is 4.9 members.

If you need more users to access devices, then you can get a PLUS plan with 10 users. This would increase the number of users 2x times

If you need to separate these users into different “groups”, then you can create sub-organizations. This functionality is available in PRO plan because we believe it’s a distinct signal of commercial use. In PRO plan you can add more users by purchasing additional user packs.

Also, PRO plan offers user roles and a set of permissions for each role.

All of that is specified on our pricing page

Let me know if that was helpful.

I answer your question: now I am interested precisely for the purpose of commercial use. I have already told you and I emphasize once again that in Ukraine at the moment the vast majority of iot applications are free for users, i.e. they pay once when they buy a product and that’s it. For this reason, subscribing to paid tariff plans is difficult for us today. Therefore, I am looking for an opportunity to use an application with minimal functionality, but with a one-time payment. Let it be a separate fee for each device and a separate fee for each user, but if it is a one-time fee, then you can work with it. Now I can buy as many devices as I want at $ 4.99 per device, but that doesn’t make any sense, because the number of users is 5 or 10 maximum. I hope I have explained it clearly now. Thank you.

This sounds very different to the scenario you’ve just described.

Pete.

1 Like

Thanks for explanation.

How do you plan to make money then?

It seems that the business model you are building is not really sustainable because any scenario (blynk or any other platform, or self-development) involves monetary investment and recurring expenses which are not then covered by your customers.

Unfortunately, Blynk can’t provide you with a way to run your business at 0 monthly expenses or with a one-time payment.

Maybe you can reconsider the business model and either charge your clients, or include platform costs into the hardware costs, or provide additional premium services.

Implementation of new projects.

Your position is clear, thanks for the clarification.