"plus" plan - user access to template and device

Hello.
I have a “PLUS” plan.
My organization has created three templates with corresponding three devices. Three users will also be added to the organization.
I can’t figure out how to make it so that each of the users can see and manage only their template and their device, and not all three devices. Tell me please.
Thanks.

This is only available in PRO and Business plans, which are designed for commercial use by businesses/organizations.

I don’t understand the meaning of devices and users in an organization in a plus plan…

For example, I have two devices, one controls the lighting, the second heating. And two users. I need one user to control the lighting and the other to control the heating. And not both users managed both.

In the old version of Blynk, this was solved elementarily - by creating a new project, then this project could be shared.

Here it turns out that there are a lot of functions, but the main one, on which everything rests, is not.

What is the point, why do I need an organization in the “plus” plan and it has 10 devices and 10 users if I can’t separate them in any way? That is, I cannot create two different projects that would be managed by two different users. Why then this organization?

Access to devices in Blynk 2.0 is superior to Blynk 1.0 on any front as you have full control of what others can do with devices.

It’s not even about organizations hierarchy which you can build in PRO plan and use to separate users and devices into groups. It’s about editing permissions.

As an admin you will see all devices. Others will see devices based on their role and set of permissions you define for them.

For example, you can allow them to see only devices they are assigned to (own), or you can allow them to see everything, but don’t control. It’s up to you.

1 Like

But you understand that there are basic functions, without which the meaning of a paid subscription to Blynk 2.0 is generally lost.

I really like Blynk 2.0 and have subscribed to PLUS and would like to continue to subscribe to PRO.

But I have no idea how to use it!

A simple example. There is a device number 1 - it must be controlled by user number 1; and there is device number 2 - it must be controlled by user number 2. The administrator sees and manages both devices. But each of the users should see and manage only their own device, because device #2 and user #1 are not interconnected in any way!
And in terms of PLUS, it turns out that I created several devices, added several users and all users see all the devices - both their own and others’, this is some kind of nonsense … What’s the point ???

After reading the forum, I see that many do not understand why in the ‘‘plus’’ plan it is impossible to manage individual users with individual devices. And this is quite logical if ‘‘plus’’ provides 10 devices and 10 users (or even 20).
It makes no sense to create projects for 20 devices and 20 users without the possibility of separating them!
With such a set of functions, the ‘‘plus’’ plan can generally be limited to 5 devices, since everything more requires separation of functions, but there are none.
It is strange that the developers do not listen to such quite logical and multiple comments.

At this stage, I’m thinking about what to do.
On the one hand, Blynk is pleasant and suitable, I would like to develop with it, on the other hand, at this stage there is no possibility of subscribing to the PRO plan.

1 Like

I think you have to bear in mind the advertised purpose of each of the subscription types…

If you are using the Plus plan for personal projects then restricting users (effectively family members) to certain devices is probably outside of the scope of that type of subscription.

There is an issue with the fact that Plus plan subscribers can edit the permissions for the ‘user’ profile, and the default permissions are useless, but that’s a separate issue that I’ve raised a number of times.

Pete.

1 Like

Hi
The PLUS plan are equal 10 device admin, there are no useres in this plan

/Torben

1 Like

You are absolutely right. I understand that too.
And yet I do not see the point in the PLUS plan as it is today. But this is my personal opinion, the developers of Blynk 2.0 seem to have a different idea.
Thanks for joining the discussion, all the best!

It’s basically a plan for “makers” who want to build their own home automation systems and and share that system with other members of their family/household.

One of the things that the guys at Blynk learned with the legacy product is that it’s very difficult to identify the people who are using the Blynk product commercially without a commercial subscription.
That has clearly been addressed in the new product, with different subscription levels required to unlock different features, and the Pro plan is the subscription needed to achieve that type of functionality.

The Basic (free) plan is the “come in and take a look around” subscription, with Plus filling the gab between that and the commercial level of functionality.

Pete.

I understand it all.
But there is a problem at the initial stage of a small business - when the ideas and development path are already clear, but there is not yet the volume of customers that would cover the PRO subscription. In this case, the PLUS plan could be used for promotion.
But, as you rightly pointed out, this plan is not designed for that use.

If I may comment on this.
I agree with Peter that the plans are designed as he says, unfortunately the documentation does not follow this. It clearly states that Plus users can change the ability of a user to view own only or all drives in the organisation. I am making a device for a local Museum which is a charity. I have developed the device and today as I am exploring how to let the museum see the device I find I can’t restrict what they see, they will see all my devices. The leap to a pro plan is way too much for me and for only one device.
If the default setting for “user” was see only own devices then this would keep most plus users happy.
Can this be changed please?

2 Likes

You can change the owner of the device - in the settings - and then the owner (one of the users) will only see their own device and will not see your devices. But this option is only suitable if you want the user of the device to be one, but if there are several (as in my case), then there is only one way out - the PRO plan.

No I tried that, I created a new location under my “organisation”. I made my wife a “user” then transferred ownership of a device to her, but she can still see all devices!
Under Roles and Permissions - Organisation Devices, there is a tab which shows a user can see all organisation devices, this cannot be changed. In the documentation it states that free and plus users have limited ability to change these options, it looks like there is nothing you can change!
It would be better if by default this tab was set to off.

You are right, I tried to do the same and it didn’t work for me…

@Pavel WDYT?

I personally have already issued a PRO :wink:

Hi Dmitriy,
For me going to Pro is not an option, I am a retired 71 year old engineer doing the local museum a favour and trying to promote Blynk in the community.
The documentation states that for free and Plus users there is limited functionality on changing these settings. in reality there is NO option for changing any setting!. So maybe for Plus users give a little functionality, let us change what users can see. This allows the simple home user to let his or her spouse just see the necessary apps and not everything in development. and it would certainly help me!
or have a graduated payment plan whereby we can buy functionality, maybe an extra €2 per year per function?
Thanks for your time and thank you all for Blynk I think it is great.

1 Like

Judging by what is indicated in the documentation, and according to what was said by the authors of Blynk here on the forum, the idea was that the user - the owner of the device - would only see his own device. I guess we’ll have to wait until it’s done…

Thanks for your support!

In your museum project, how exactly Blynk is used? Why do you need different permissions there?